Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

RaceChip XLR Intial review.

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Derek Duson, May 14, 2018.

1. Derek Duson

Derek Duson United States Active Member

I received the RaceChip XLR with app control a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to use it. This is not to be confused with the RaceChip piggyback tuner chip, the XLR only changes the throttle response of the car.

First thing I noticed was the inclusion of the serial number on the instructions first page for ease of use for app control. However, the instructions themselves are generic and not specific to the Stinger. It shows pictures of a hanging and floor-mounted throttle pedal as side-by-side pictures labeled A and B. This is not a problem as the install is quite simple and should take about 5 to 10 minutes. You will only need a 10mm socket to remove the hex bolt and nut in the picture below. 20180501_171802_resized.jpg

After the removal, disconnect the throttle cable and connect the RaceChip.
    20180501_172226_resized.jpg

After putting the pedal back in place, attach the RaceChip to the car. I used the included zipper tape to attach to the underside of my dash.
    20180501_172336_resized.jpg

After adding the XLR to the app: Screenshot_20180427-082139.png
    I have currently only tried the sport(S), sport+(S+) and race(R) modes while in comfort mode. These settings gave me the results I was looking for by changing the throttle response while in the comfort mode setting and allowing me to keep it there after restarting the car. The sport mode on the XLR was on par with throttle response of the built-in sports mode; however, turning it to race mode felt as though it eliminated turbo lag entirely and made the car more aggressive. I plan on trying more settings soon when my work schedule permits.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Thanks for the write up and review.

Please tell us you re-gapped your plugs.

3. RwYeAsNt

RwYeAsNt Canada Member

Canada
    I'm not sure the XLR requires any changes to the plugs. It's not tuning the vehicle, simply changing the throttle response. I know someone who has been using the XLR in his Stinger as well without any plug changes, no issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Derek Duson

Derek Duson United States Active Member

No regap here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

I see. Thanks for the info!

6. RaceChip

RaceChip United States Member Authorized Vendor

Thank you very much for the review!
    The XLR does not add boost or power. No re-gapping or replacing of spark plugs necessary.
    By the way, it also works for the 2.0L engine, because the throttle system is the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted