Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Question on K&N Intake

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by FrostedTurbo, Aug 5, 2018.

1. FrostedTurbo

FrostedTurbo Canada Newish Member

Hey everyone, spent some time trying to search the forums before asking but came up empty.

I am purchasing the K&N 3.3 Typhoon Intake, just curious as to reading mixed comments online. After installing this intake, do I need a tune? And do I need to do an exhaust? This is just a daily drive car.

I had contacted Kia Canada and asked if the K&N intake affected the warranty and they said no, as long as the intake is installed correctly.

Thank you for your help! ✌️

Attached Files:

2. Ace2Rolex

Ace2Rolex Canada Member Sustaining Member

You won’t need to tweak anything. Let me know if you notice a difference in l/km or pick up. I’m interested in putting them in as well.

Cheers

3. Sabz

Sabz United States Active Member

Make your own for 100 bucks same thing .. takes less than 30 min to install.. that’s my plan

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stingeradmr

stingeradmr United States Member

I've had mine for 6 months. As far HP its not going to give you much, but I didn't buy it for that. I bought it for the turbo sound. Its not a true CAI, but they are more money. I'm not sorry I bought it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Active Member

There is a thread on intakes. On the cheap end DIY is nice for $100, Tork Motorsports for $200, several comming out next week and over the next few months. (Stillen, NGM, Injen) On the high end Jonny Tig for $700. K&N not super compelling in my opinion.

6. Andrew Simons

Andrew Simons Member

I have the K&N intakes, installed it shortly after I got the car. You will notice a slight increase in throttle response but not nearly as much as you'll notice the loud turbo spool and blow off valves under heavy boost. That's why I bought it and I really enjoy it every time I hit the throttle. With one of these intakes you do not need BOV's. An aftermarket exhaust will compliment the intake and should produce larger gains. I've seen dyno's show as much as 40HP difference due to the stock exhaust being restrictive. Tork Motorsports has a video showing how they exhaust tubing is crimped by almost half in the rear section of the pipe.

7. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

The K&N Typhoon does not require and upgraded tune or exhaust. Upgraded the exhaust doesn't require a tune, either. The car can and will perk up. But a tune can get the most from any build.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted