Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Purchasing advice please

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by SilverNitr8, Aug 2, 2018.

1. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Member

I'm about to pull a trigger on a KIA stinger.

I was offered 9k off the GT2 from the MSRP before tax/tag/title and this includes all rebates. So I did some number crunching... working backwards to see how much is the selling price before rebates and it looks like it's 100 off the MSRP lol.

I was thinking more this....

47,713 (500 below invoice)
    - 8900 (rebates + lease cash)
    = 38,813
    + 1610 for 4.15% tax
    + 750 doc fee
    = 41.173 give or take a couple of hundred for tag/title

Is this a good price to start?

A couple of questions for those who live in VA and did a lease cash buyout:

1. I know they tax the full car at the time of of sale. Were you guys taxed again when you buyout the lease?
    2. If I have a trade-in do they take this out before the car is taxed? Meaning if my trade is 10k will the tax be off of 28,813 (38,813-10k) or will it be the (38813+1610) - 10k?
    3. Any other advice you can give me? any pitfalls I should be aware of?
    4. I have a credit score of over 720, what is the current money factor for KIA with excellent credit?
    5. Residual value - is the calculated or is there a set number for the stinger?

Thanks in advance!

2. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

I think it is a good price to start. I have seen it on some dealers website (with -3k for 1,000 AWD rebate and 2,000 finance).

1. Depends on your state. Few state charge tax for an entire car when leasing, few for whole lease and few per month. For per month you won't be paying double taxes.
    2. For lease payment, 10k would be taxable. For the buyout, it won't be.
    3. Dealer fees, additional charges/ equipment, lease fees. Read and understand the contract carefully.
    4. I don't know but mostly high with any credit score (still relative to credit score but high compared to other manufacturers). Why would it matter if you plan to do a buyout?
    5. Set numbers. I think, 51% for GT2 AWD.

Draft saved Draft deleted