Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by tekie99, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Nedstand

Nedstand United States Member

The TSB says it applies to Stingers manufactured prior to May 2018. Mine was January 2018, which was stated on First Kia's service receipt. I had the car brought in for this issue as well as the wiring recall. Screenshot from the TSB attached which clearly states "prior to the dates above"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. GT2inSeattle

GT2inSeattle United States Member

Ah .. thank you.. I had read previously that it was only the May 2018-manufactured car (which indicated to me a specific production run of the head units) probably had a defective digital signal processor or the like.

Thank you for the correction. Still.. Kia doesn't seem to want to actually fix this issue unless you raise complete and utter hell with them.

3. Nedstand

Nedstand United States Member

De nada (just returned from a trip to Mexico)
    Sadly, I agree with your final conclusion. And I really do like the Stinger, but if the company won't stand behind the product, not sure why they act surprised (like Audi) when I don't want to roll into a new lease. Also bummed they discontinued the light color interior. Black and dark red is a non-starter for me here in sunny LA.

4. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Ok. Saved ONE of my many problems. Some require medication.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

sorry bud , couldnt resist :laugh:

6. Dan1028

Dan1028 United States Active Member

Build date of 10/17. Currently having my head unit replaced and am driving a newish Altima from the dealership (they sell multiple makes). I miss my Stinger.

Anyone notice new squeaks and rattles following this SA/TSB? It took nearly two years for them to acknowledge the damn issue (although it really is difficult to replicate on cue). I perseverated taking it in because the thought of my dash being taken apart and reassembled makes me think new squeaks and rattles await.

7. NismoDPB

NismoDPB United States Active Member

I did not experience any new issues from the replacement. I had the same concerns but so far all is well

• Like Like x 1
  8. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

Perseverated???

9. Dan1028

Dan1028 United States Active Member

Yup. When making decisions that can have prolonged consequences, I'll often be subject to analysis paralysis.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

• Like Like x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted