Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by tekie99, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Peter Biller

Peter Biller United States Member

Had my head unit replaced. All is well! Love the new text feature!
    . . Now onto the issue with one of the buckets ticking at a cold start. Looking for the appropriate thread...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrSting

MrSting United States Member

I have!

3. MrSting

I have a Canadian Stinger in the USA, and I was told by my American Kia dealer that it would be no issue to get the head unit replaced under warranty. I even asked them if it meant I would get a Canadian head unit, and they said yes. So I have an appointment Monday for them to check it out, and then they said they would go about ordering the parts.

4. MrSting

What's the new text feature you speak of? Do you mind elaborating on that a bit more, or pointing me in the direction of where I could research it on my own? Thanks!

5. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

12.5 (which a new head unit would have) offers mobile text support. Playing incoming text.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Canada Stinger Enthusiast

But it's about the least functional txt support of any modern car, so don't get too excited. They need to improve it to at least what Mazda had 5 years ago in v13, which is due out soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Meckman

Meckman United States Member

Glad I found this thread. This fading sound has been driving me nuts. Called up my dealer and left a message. We’ll see what they come back with. I don’t have much hope since the service dept at my dealer is terrible.

8. Meckman

So I went to the Kia dealer over lunch and after about 10-15 mins the service manager finally found the TSB (he called it a “pit stop”). He confirmed the cost of the part with the parts dept ($2k, of course this is the same parts dept that wanted to charge me $650 for a center console that I got elsewhere for $220). So apparently due to the high cost he has to get it authorized to get the part replaced. smh. So no easy in/out for me. Really hate this dealership service dept.

9. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

You can see the PS document on post 1 of this thread. Note that it doesn't mention any testing or approval - it simply says if the customer reports this condition, replace the HU.

10. Meckman

Yeah, I showed the service manager the service document. Took him 10-15 mins fumbling through the computer system to find it.
    Oh I know. I think he wants to cover his ass and not be on the hook for a $2k part replacement in the off chance that Kia may not reimburse them for the part/work. I get it, but it says right there in the bulletin “replace”.

11. Meckman

So I showed up at the dealership today (since they never answer the phones) and I got confirmation from a different service manager that the part was ordered and should be in at the dealership in 2-5 days. So hopefully early next week I’ll have this installed. Fingers crossed.

12. Meckman

Dropped my car off this morning and got it back this afternoon. Here are the before and after shots. Looks like I did not get a map upgrade, but i did get Firmware, nav app, and SW version updates.

Attached Files:

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Yes, you got the software update that everyone should be getting automatically and for free. Maps are a different story.

Draft saved Draft deleted