Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by tekie99, Aug 13, 2018.

1. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club!

The person I was replying to was from the US, this thread is about the TSB.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Canada Stinger Enthusiast

This thread is being read by Stinger owners from many countries, since the hardware is the same.

3. DaJackson

Ok, I’ll make sure the next time I reply to someone in the US asking a specific question about the TSB that my answer is appropriate to a world wide audience.

o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Marc Collins

No need to do that. Just don't assume every reader or comment in this thread or anywhere else in the forum only cares about USA. A good practice for national foreign policy, too ;)

5. DaJackson

I didn’t assume anything, I knew exactly who I was talking to and what it was in reference to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I’m sure this was mentioned somewhere in this monster thread...

But the UVO 12.5 update seemed to have resolved my fader issue.

Bought the car early october... had the fader issue happened 2 times in 3 weeks. At that time my update arrived (I called the first week of ownership to get the update)...installed around week 4. Not had it happen since. 2+ months.

Full disclosure: I only use apple car play (prime music).

7. Marc Collins

v.12.5 has not solved the problem for others. Most likely it is your Apple usage. The problem seems to happen most frequently with Bluetooth (wireless) phone calls.

8. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Stinger Enthusiast

Had my stereo replaced, got at least one new feature. Without my phone plugged in, a message comes up when I get a Text and tells me I have a message and who from. Asks me if I want to read and if I do, shows it. Then asks if I want to respond. If I do want to there are like 4 or 5 standard message replies to choose from.

There might be other new features like I THINK it told me when I got email, but not sure..

9. DaJackson

The new radio has the latest radio firmware which has these features added. It’s the same firmware that comes bundled with the Map updates.

10. Jimmer

Is it just the features I mentioned or others too?

11. DaJackson

Text was the big one but if you look through the map update thread there is a list of feature changes specific to the radio firmware.

12. Jimmer

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. midlife crazy

midlife crazy United States Member

I had my stereo replaced yesterday by the dealer. Fingers crossed it fixed the fader issue. I had to add stations and destinations again. Oh, they forgot to put the SD card from the old one into the new one. Fortunately, I tested the NAV and got error that card was missing. They were able to find it for me, so I could put into new stereo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jimmer

I got some new features when they switched mine out.

For those who had their stereos replaced cause of the fader issue, have you noticed that the voice part of navigation volume is really low now? As is the volume when text is read? Used to be music would greatly fade and you could hear navigation voice clearly, now I can barely hear it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  15. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Check the configuration on the head unit, I'm pretty sure there is a setting for how loud you want the navigation prompts to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Jimmer

Oh, excellent. Will do. Thank you.

17. ankitp01

ankitp01 United States Newish Member

Thank you for this! I have been so annoyed with this same problem I have with my phone calls and sound reverting to back speakers. I now have the information to take to the dealer to get this fixed!

18. GT2inSeattle

GT2inSeattle United States Member

Well all I can tell you is that after installing the updates the sound settings have remained where I left them.. so far over the last few weeks the stereo has been pretty well behaved..

19. NismoDPB

NismoDPB United States Active Member

I also have this problem and I am less than excited about having the entire dashboard and center stack taken off to fix it. But is a very annoying problem. I know I'm whiny this morning, I'm such a diva when I'm hungry :cautious:

20. GT2inSeattle

GT2inSeattle United States Member

Snickers bar?

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted