kia stinger store

PS573: Sound Settings (Fader) Moves To Rear

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
This thread is being read by Stinger owners from many countries, since the hardware is the same.
Ok, I’ll make sure the next time I reply to someone in the US asking a specific question about the TSB that my answer is appropriate to a world wide audience.

o_O

Marc Collins

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Ok, I’ll make sure the next time I reply to someone in the US asking a specific question about the TSB that my answer is appropriate to a world wide audience.

o_O
No need to do that. Just don't assume every reader or comment in this thread or anywhere else in the forum only cares about USA. A good practice for national foreign policy, too ;)

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
I’m sure this was mentioned somewhere in this monster thread...

But the UVO 12.5 update seemed to have resolved my fader issue.

Bought the car early october... had the fader issue happened 2 times in 3 weeks. At that time my update arrived (I called the first week of ownership to get the update)...installed around week 4. Not had it happen since. 2+ months.

Full disclosure: I only use apple car play (prime music).

Marc Collins

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I’m sure this was mentioned somewhere in this monster thread...

But the UVO 12.5 update seemed to have resolved my fader issue.

Bought the car early october... had the fader issue happened 2 times in 3 weeks. At that time my update arrived (I called the first week of ownership to get the update)...installed around week 4. Not had it happen since. 2+ months.

Full disclosure: I only use apple car play (prime music).
v.12.5 has not solved the problem for others. Most likely it is your Apple usage. The problem seems to happen most frequently with Bluetooth (wireless) phone calls.

Jimmer

Stinger Enthusiast
Northern Utah
Had my stereo replaced, got at least one new feature. Without my phone plugged in, a message comes up when I get a Text and tells me I have a message and who from. Asks me if I want to read and if I do, shows it. Then asks if I want to respond. If I do want to there are like 4 or 5 standard message replies to choose from.

There might be other new features like I THINK it told me when I got email, but not sure..

DaJackson

1000 Posts Club!
Louisiana
Had my stereo replaced, got at least one new feature. Without my phone plugged in, a message comes up when I get a Text and tells me I have a message and who from. Asks me if I want to read and if I do, shows it. Then asks if I want to respond. If I do want to there are like 4 or 5 standard message replies to choose from.

There might be other new features like I THINK it told me when I got email, but not sure..
The new radio has the latest radio firmware which has these features added. It’s the same firmware that comes bundled with the Map updates.

Jimmer

Stinger Enthusiast
Northern Utah
The new radio has the latest radio firmware which has these features added. It’s the same firmware that comes bundled with the Map updates.
Is it just the features I mentioned or others too?

midlife crazy

Atlanta
I had my stereo replaced yesterday by the dealer. Fingers crossed it fixed the fader issue. I had to add stations and destinations again. Oh, they forgot to put the SD card from the old one into the new one. Fortunately, I tested the NAV and got error that card was missing. They were able to find it for me, so I could put into new stereo.

Jimmer

Stinger Enthusiast
Northern Utah
I had my stereo replaced yesterday by the dealer. Fingers crossed it fixed the fader issue. I had to add stations and destinations again. Oh, they forgot to put the SD card from the old one into the new one. Fortunately, I tested the NAV and got error that card was missing. They were able to find it for me, so I could put into new stereo.
I got some new features when they switched mine out.

For those who had their stereos replaced cause of the fader issue, have you noticed that the voice part of navigation volume is really low now? As is the volume when text is read? Used to be music would greatly fade and you could hear navigation voice clearly, now I can barely hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveCo

1000 Posts Club!
Calgary, AB
For those who had their stereos replaced cause of the fader issue, have you noticed that the voice part of navigation volume is really low now? As is the volume when text is read? Used to be music would greatly fade and you could hear navigation voice clearly, now I can barely hear it.
Check the configuration on the head unit, I'm pretty sure there is a setting for how loud you want the navigation prompts to be.

ankitp01

Newish Member
Thank you for this! I have been so annoyed with this same problem I have with my phone calls and sound reverting to back speakers. I now have the information to take to the dealer to get this fixed!

GT2inSeattle

Software updates won’t fix it.

You don’t need to prove the issue, just tell them it’s happening.
Well all I can tell you is that after installing the updates the sound settings have remained where I left them.. so far over the last few weeks the stereo has been pretty well behaved..

NismoDPB

I also have this problem and I am less than excited about having the entire dashboard and center stack taken off to fix it. But is a very annoying problem. I know I'm whiny this morning, I'm such a diva when I'm hungry :cautious: