kia stinger store

Problem with 360 camera

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
I just got my car back from the dealer yesterday. It was the 4th time I’ve taken it back for the same “ blue screen” camera issue.
The first time - they changed the camera.
The second time - they checked the wiring and connections.
The third time - they changed the AV module.
None of these things fixed my intermittent blue screen issues.
The fourth time (and hopefully the last) they replaced the wiring harness, on the recommendation of a visiting factory tech from Korea.
Hopefully that fixes the problem!
Wow, that's a lot of fixing but not much fixed. Hopefully it's finally resolved and lucky there was a factory tech direct from Korea to help troubleshoot it. Please keep us updated for the future.

StingerDE

Hello Joeygt,

may I ask you if your problem with this blue screen is still gone since beginning December last year.

I have the same problem with the camera on the right side. When I read here in this forum I am happy that I am not the only one having this problem. I already had my stinger 4 times back to the dealer. Every time they exchanged other items (wiring, connections, control unit etc.). I provided them with different videos showing the blue screen, because I always had the impression they didn't believe me. When I had the stinger at the dealership they never could replicate the problem. The error was gone now for 2 months but this week it came back again at various days. I informed the dealer employees again and they asked KIA Germany what to do now. The idea is now to change both wing mirrors taken from another stinger car. I am still suspicious if it will help ...

G

G-490477

Hello Joeygt,

may I ask you if your problem with this blue screen is still gone since beginning December last year.

I have the same problem with the camera on the right side. When I read here in this forum I am happy that I am not the only one having this problem. I already had my stinger 4 times back to the dealer. Every time they exchanged other items (wiring, connections, control unit etc.). I provided them with different videos showing the blue screen, because I always had the impression they didn't believe me. When I had the stinger at the dealership they never could replicate the problem. The error was gone now for 2 months but this week it came back again at various days. I informed the dealer employees again and they asked KIA Germany what to do now. The idea is now to change both wing mirrors taken from another stinger car. I am still suspicious if it will help ...
Yes, still have the problem, not as frequent. I'm waiting for the travel restrictions to be lifted to make another appointment. It seems to be related to cold weather.

Still have the issue, blue screen came back the day after they repaired the loose wire. Hasn't happened lately so I think temperature has something to do with it in my case. As soon as I have the time I'll take it in again, but now it's bike season so the Stinger won't get much use. Hope everyone is getting their issue resolved, mine is a minor annoyance at best.
Cheers,
Rick

Hurricane

Newish Member
I'm having the same exact problem - the image from the passenger side mirror camera will sporadically go all blue. More often than not. Very frustrating as I've only had my car for less than a week...love the car otherwise! Hope it goes away but not confident given all the problems voiced in this thread. Some here have been impressively persistent in trying to get this fixed! In the end I wonder what conclusion can be made as to what is the root cause of this problem and how to fix it?? Thanks all!

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
I have noticed that its the 360 degree view i hate in the stinger, its so blurry and really useless.
When i turn on a "corner" (the buttons on screen) the image becomes much crisper and i can tell the curb or lines from anything else.

The difference is 360 = 240p and a "corner" is 4k image.

Joeygt

Hello Joeygt,

Sorry I only just read your post.

Since they replaced the wiring harness, I've had no more problems with the blue screen/camera.

Nail

Hi, I have a Kia Optima SW GT-Line 2020 and had the same problem. So with google, I found this topic. In my case the problem is only on the right site and increases at higher temperatures. The dealer replace the camera, but that did not help. After that the dealer wanted to replace the complete unit (I asked for the wires/harness, but in their opinion, that could not be the problem), but had to wait for approval of the NL distributor. In my opinion that took to long, so I checked it myself. I found out that hassling with the connector on the door (harness between the door and the body), reduced the problem. I dont know if a Stinger has the same construction, but after telling this to my dealer, they put 2 weeks ago some electric conductive gel in the connector and since than the problem is gone (even with temp >35 degrees C). So I suppose (and hope) bad connection on the connector is the problem.

AC_Stinger

Well, it’s good to know that I’m not the only one with the camera problem. Recently I have been getting the passenger side camera go either green or pink when placing the car in reverse and all of the cameras are no longer aligned correctly. If you open and close the door it corrects itself. I’ll be taking the car back to the dealer along with the actuators in the bi-modal exhaust not working either. For a car that is quite brilliant at only $65K AUD these little problems are starting to really give me the shits!

Attachments

• 92735F8B-D594-447D-A5C3-0C8279D841A3.jpeg
    92735F8B-D594-447D-A5C3-0C8279D841A3.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 527C9B2A-1AD0-46B0-BE76-C16DA198F414.jpeg
    527C9B2A-1AD0-46B0-BE76-C16DA198F414.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 0

Nail

Hi, I have a Kia Optima SW GT-Line 2020 and had the same problem. So with google, I found this topic. In my case the problem is only on the right site and increases at higher temperatures. The dealer replace the camera, but that did not help. After that the dealer wanted to replace the complete unit (I asked for the wires/harness, but in their opinion, that could not be the problem), but had to wait for approval of the NL distributor. In my opinion that took to long, so I checked it myself. I found out that hassling with the connector on the door (harness between the door and the body), reduced the problem. I dont know if a Stinger has the same construction, but after telling this to my dealer, they put 2 weeks ago some electric conductive gel in the connector and since than the problem is gone (even with temp >35 degrees C). So I suppose (and hope) bad connection on the connector is the problem.
Just to let you know. The problem is still gone and hasn't occurred again, since this last repair (where they put conduction gel in the door connector). I ad a picture of how it looked like in my Camera beeld rechts Kia Optima.jpg case (I suppose it is the same as is your cases with the Stingers).