• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Prices are nuts now - am I getting robbed?

cnaf

Adding to how crazy the car market is, in mid February Carmax offered to buy my 2018 Legacy for $20,300. Yesterday I had it redone and the number is $21,700. I've added about 1100 miles between offers.

NIU_Huskies

I have two vehicles and have pondered if I should sell one of them with how much trade-in values are worth. My other vehicle is a 2017 Tacoma that has a trade-in value of more than I paid for it brand new in 2016. However, i do a lot of projects around the house and I need a pickup bed. I enjoy my GT2 too much to sell that but maybe if premium gas prices don't change I should consider it so I no longer have a car payment.

Last edited:

cnaf

I have two vehicles and have pondered if I should sell one of them with how much trade-in values are worth. My other vehicle is a 2017 Tacoma that has a trade-in value of more than I paid for it brand new in 2016. However, i do a lot of projects around the house and I need it a pickup bed. I enjoy my GT2 too much to sell that it but maybe if premium gas prices don't change I should consider it so I no longer have a car payment.
Check online at the Carmax website for your vehicle worth. Takes only a few minutes to get an online offer number. This will give you a good idea on what to expect dollar wise. As long as you're fairly accurate with info, that number should stay the same if you go in to sell. I've done 6 over the years without any fluxuation, and know others with same results. Not as if they are going to give you some overinflated number, just to have you come in and be told the offer is being cut in half.

jays2000

I bought a mint 2019 Camaro SS2 6.2l with 19k miles in Jan 21 for 31.5, 48k sticker. Carmax paid me 39.6 in Dec 21 with 12k more miles. Crazy. Found deal on 22 gt line awd sun and sound for 2.5k net under sticker including the 1k rebate. Having driven a gt2 in 2018 and again in 2022 and with my driving a 4 second car for 2 years, the 2.5l is a great motor in the stinger and a 3.3l and more goodies were just not worth 16k more to me.
Holy crap - what state are you in? There are only 1 or 2 GT-Lines available at a given time across all of North Texas and every dealer wants $3-$4K of markup or add-ons. Good job on finding that deal.

I was actually pretty lucky myself when I got my 22 GT1. The first dealer I went to their online inventory showed they had exactly what I wanted, the 22 GT1 RWD in blue. When I got there, all they had on hand were a handful of the GT Lines in AWD in panthera, white, and ceramic. Asked them about the blue and they said they didn't have it but offered to take about 2k off the sticker on the panthera, which I didn't want. Went to another local dealer and they said the only 22 GT1 RWD in blue was about 40 mins away...at the sister dealership of the first place I went. Go figure. The next day I went to that dealership and saw it on the lot. Told them I was looking for the GT1 RWD in Red. They said they only had it in blue. Test drove it, came back and they asked if we could start writing it up. Told them, nah, really wanted it in red and I've got plenty of time before I needed to replace my car (which wasn't true, it would have failed inspection and I knew they didn't test drive it while I was testing out the stinger). So I told them I'll just order it from the dealer closer to my house. Their attitude changed and offered to knock about 2k off of the sticker. Now we're talkin :)

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
I was actually pretty lucky myself when I got my 22 GT1. The first dealer I went to their online inventory showed they had exactly what I wanted, the 22 GT1 RWD in blue. When I got there, all they had on hand were a handful of the GT Lines in AWD in panthera, white, and ceramic. Asked them about the blue and they said they didn't have it but offered to take about 2k off the sticker on the panthera, which I didn't want. Went to another local dealer and they said the only 22 GT1 RWD in blue was about 40 mins away...at the sister dealership of the first place I went. Go figure. The next day I went to that dealership and saw it on the lot. Told them I was looking for the GT1 RWD in Red. They said they only had it in blue. Test drove it, came back and they asked if we could start writing it up. Told them, nah, really wanted it in red and I've got plenty of time before I needed to replace my car (which wasn't true, it would have failed inspection and I knew they didn't test drive it while I was testing out the stinger). So I told them I'll just order it from the dealer closer to my house. Their attitude changed and offered to knock about 2k off of the sticker. Now we're talkin :)
Excellent work -- never show your hand in negotiations and keep them on their toes.

Kalist

Wicked late but that seems like a good deal to me? I got my CPO 2018 GT base AWD with 13k miles at 32K$ before fees in PA exactly a year ago. Considering COVID mark ups, I'd say that's pretty fair deal.

Juggaweirdo

Newish Member
Tolar, Texas
Hello all, potential 19' base AWD GT (with the smexy red leather interior) buyer here. Found what seemed to be a gem of a deal on a CPO out of NJ. (I live in MI) They were asking $32900 @ 31k miles. From searching, it seemed like it may have been the cheapest CPO in the country. I managed to knock it down $200 bucks (they didn't want to budge an inch) for an OTD of $35136 or so. Before I sign paperwork, just wanted to check in. Any other info I can provide?
That's a good deal these days. I just purchased a 2019 GTS in January with only 12k miles from a Kia dealership in North Texas it was certified so I got all the full warranties plus I paid for 6yr 60,000 mile warranty that covers turbos and electric including infotainment. I paid cash and considerable more after TTL. I don't regret it at all. It helps that it's 1 of 800 GTS only in Federation Orange. The yellow 2018 limited is the only one rarer at 400.

ahkenaden

Newish Member
That's a good deal these days. I just purchased a 2019 GTS in January with only 12k miles from a Kia dealership in North Texas it was certified so I got all the full warranties plus I paid for 6yr 60,000 mile warranty that covers turbos and electric including infotainment. I paid cash and considerable more after TTL. I don't regret it at all. It helps that it's 1 of 800 GTS only in Federation Orange. The yellow 2018 limited is the only one rarer at 400.
Yeah I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Love the car. Can't say the same for the dealership I bought from, nor the silly little issues since then. Make sure your CPO was genuinely checked and that the checklist was actually done...

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Juggaweirdo

Newish Member
Tolar, Texas
Yeah I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Love the car. Can't say the same for the dealership I bought from, nor the silly little issues since then. Make sure your CPO was genuinely checked and that the checklist was actually done...
Yeah the person who owned this before me put a clamp switch on ECU. Got that fixed but I had to tell them what was going on and I only knew what it was from this forum. That switch is not a good thing. It basically doesn't show computer you're using the brake so it disables idle stop and go and the launch and cruise control.

geltez

Go figure with the checklist, I purchased my car 5 hours away from a dealership in Ft Worth. It's a 2020 GT1 RWD with 23K miles and CPO for 43K. It was clean, no issues whatsoever. I drove it home and I felt very light vibrations above 60 mph that the test drive didn't catch since I wasn't going that fast. After the dealership reimbursed me to get an alignment, balance, and rotors resurfaced from the local Kia Dealership (I had brake pulsing too), they found two rims wobbled and one rim had a small bend. I complained to the dealership and after convincing them I cannot take it back to Ft. Worth and it was completely their fault since it should have been caught in the CPO inspection, they are paying to get three rims fixed from where I live. I now have that scheduled for the 25th and even the shop wasn't sure if they are 100% able to fix it. If they can't, the dealership stated they will cut me a check for the cost of replacement rims.

Honestly, such a headache but I am happy this dealership is trying their best at helping me out. I am kind of hoping they can't get fixed so I can take the check, buy aftermarket rims and tires, and just keep the rest of the money.

ahkenaden

Newish Member
Go figure with the checklist, I purchased my car 5 hours away from a dealership in Ft Worth. It's a 2020 GT1 RWD with 23K miles and CPO for 43K. It was clean, no issues whatsoever. I drove it home and I felt very light vibrations above 60 mph that the test drive didn't catch since I wasn't going that fast. After the dealership reimbursed me to get an alignment, balance, and rotors resurfaced from the local Kia Dealership (I had brake pulsing too), they found two rims wobbled and one rim had a small bend. I complained to the dealership and after convincing them I cannot take it back to Ft. Worth and it was completely their fault since it should have been caught in the CPO inspection, they are paying to get three rims fixed from where I live. I now have that scheduled for the 25th and even the shop wasn't sure if they are 100% able to fix it. If they can't, the dealership stated they will cut me a check for the cost of replacement rims.

Honestly, such a headache but I am happy this dealership is trying their best at helping me out. I am kind of hoping they can't get fixed so I can take the check, buy aftermarket rims and tires, and just keep the rest of the money.
Yep that sucks. It would seem everything I've heard about the dealer network being the main issue with why these cars hadn't sold gangbusters is true (granted I'm ok with that cause scarcity = rarity). But I am starting to see why lux brand snobs are snobs. At least your dealership is trying to work with you. The scumbags I bought from left me with stuff like this example of a "replaced" cabin air filter:
20220505_133033.jpg 20220505_133039_HDR_small.jpg

geltez

Yep that sucks. It would seem everything I've heard about the dealer network being the main issue with why these cars hadn't sold gangbusters is true (granted I'm ok with that cause scarcity = rarity). But I am starting to see why lux brand snobs are snobs. At least your dealership is trying to work with you. The scumbags I bought from left me with stuff like this example of a "replaced" cabin air filter:
View attachment 70762 View attachment 70763
If it's a CPO, stuff like this can be brought to the dealer since they are at fault with missing an inspection item. Also, Kia Corporate can take the complaint as well and work something out. I will say I am lucky though in my situation. I honestly thought my situation was going to be a fight and not so easy.

Juggaweirdo

Newish Member
Tolar, Texas

They finally got mine fixed. It's running great now. I live near Granbury,TX. That's where I bought mine. My biggest complaint is it seemed like because I paid for my car instead of financing that I could just wait until they git around to figuring it out. I actually got a loaner after bugging them for 2 days.