Pre Delivery Inspection results...

DaveL

Newish Member
Hi, Checked our Stinger. Tires were grossly over-inflated. Came that way from the dealer. Do they ship Stingers with over-inflated tires?
Glad we checked....they're at the right pressure now.

DaveL
Ontario, Canada

SafetyPilotCal

DaveL

Newish Member
Checked the plate on the door; set the tire pressure at the setting there.
Thanks for responding.

Shouldn't the dealer pick that up during the pre-delivery inspection?

SafetyPilotCal

They should, apparently they miss it. I'm surprised even after all this time they haven't gotten it right.

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
In the summer my tyre pressures were around 39 to 40 psi. Now it winter they are around 35 to 36 psi. They just need periodic checking and adjustment.

Spaceme17

Hi, Checked our Stinger. Tires were grossly over-inflated. Came that way from the dealer. Do they ship Stingers with over-inflated tires?
Glad we checked....they're at the right pressure now.

DaveL
Ontario, Canada
On the test drive of my Stinger, I found the car to be wildly unstable while driving. I parked the car and started checking settings, playing with the instrument cluster. I found the tires at 50 psi. I put them at the correct pressure and it fixed the cars instability. Before that I did that, I was NOT going to buy the Stinger.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The test driver GT2 felt great. And it was only two weeks after I had my GT1 that I noticed the recommended tire pressures and started to question how my car felt. I checked the psi. Then I called the dealership, and talked to my salesman (he had, of course, invited me to call with any questions). When I explained the subject of my call, and, how I had lowered the psi to the factory recommendations on the door placard, he admitted that he hadn't ever heard of this. "It's above my pay grade," he joked. Well, it must be above a lot of Kia personnel's pay grade. Heh.

By the way, I keep my tires (this time around, second set) a bit "over-inflated". The psi is set at 40; which results in mid 40s when warmed up this time of year. A couple of weeks ago when it got untypically cool, the running psi was barely over 40. When "my" tire guys put my summer tires on in the first week of March, they checked the psi and had to raise it from close to 30 back up to 40. I reckon that they'll do the same when I switch to my A/S tires for winter. No nitrogen, just plain old air, here.

Aquineas

I want to re-iterate the need to regularly check the pressure. I have a G70 but mechanically they're probably 99 percent identical, and it didn't take long for my tires to drop in pressure from 38PSI upon delivery to about 32PSI after a few thousand miles, and my mileage and handling suffered. Now I check it every couple of days.

DaveL

Newish Member
Sometimes mag rims have slow-leaks.

Sometimes valve stems leak.

And tire pressure changes with ambient, outside air temperature.