Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Power Agency BOV Install and Review (Video Included)

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Angel, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM.

1. Angel

Angel United States Stinger Enthusiast

Below is the install video and review more videos to come once I start driving more with them.
    There are 5 videos in orders 1-5

2. Angel

@NICK_KHAR Thanks for the fast shipping and great customer service.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to put these together.

Just wondering why you took the hoses off at the diverter valve and didn’t just remove the lower connections? That way if you go back to OE you only have one connection on each hose.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Angel

I get what you mean ...I agree that was my original plan but the bottom hose was so tight that i could not remove and i didnt want to break anything so i took the BOC hose first then i had more room and less weight on the hose from being attached to the BOV to remove it....once you remove them once they go in and out very easily is that first removal thats a pain ...it was like if those hoses were glued lol

No problem all i am trying is to help the community out ...so people can make more informed decisions ....FYI Nick Khar customer service is amazing, he is one of the few vendors that will work with you and provide discounts and group buys......i recommend you check him out if you haven't yet....He really supports the Stinger community and thats a reason I always buy from him.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018 at 11:33 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Technically those hoses get sealed on there with the heat under the hood. For anyone else removing those, you can try to use a paint can opener to peel up the edge and also grab the hose before the flange with some channel locks and try to spin/walk them off. If you can shove a flat screwdriver in there it will separate also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Carter Chee

Carter Chee United States Newish Member

@Angel Did you leave your BOV's at the softest setting? I installed mine today and I don't know if I should just leave them at the softest setting or to adjust them.

7. Angel

You need to adjust them to the softest setting they don’t come adjusted ... then test the car ... rev up and see if they open and close properly ... I would start at the softest setting thou ... what do you think ? Do you like them ?

8. Carter Chee

Carter Chee United States Newish Member

Really wished the bolts provided were the correct length. I cut 4 of them shorter to get it to work. And the vacuum hose that was provided was on the cheap side, very thin walled. Installation was some what easy. I thought I'd hear them open up more. That's why I asked if you made any additional adjustments after installing them with the softest setting.

9. DiabloStinger

Good lookin' out on the bolt length. I actually had a dozen or so shorter bolts in that exact pitch and diameter. For any installers out there, just make sure you get them long enough to grab all the threads, but no longer than the factory bolt threads.

10. Angel

Agree ... on the video I used some that I bought from ace hardware ...

• Like Like x 1
  11. NICK_KHAR

NICK_KHAR United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
  12. DiabloStinger

Another tidbit... you CAN use two stock bolts on each side if you want. I tried out some different combos and it looks like the two holes to the inside of each valve have enough clearance. FYI....

Draft saved Draft deleted