Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Popping noises from all corners of the car

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Duox, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Duox

Duox United States Newish Member

Hi all,

Ive got 2 trim issues I'm working on. This one much more minor. I noticed that while driving today, noticed a lot more little plastic popping, going down the road, on even bumps so small to be imperceptible. It's not so much the sunroof as it seems to be from the doors? It's hot here where I live (96f with direct sun) so my thoughts are it's just related to the heating and cooling of the plastic trim joints throughout the car, giving in the heat and shrinking with AC. Does anyone live in a similar climate experience this, and does it work itself out, or is it still present in cooler weather?

2. CeramicGT001

CeramicGT001 United States Member

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

trying cleaning all the rubber door and sunroof gaskets and then apply Shinetsu grease , it may solve the majority of the sounds ................... grease.jpg you can buy it at Honda dealers , sounds crazy but this is the best auto gasket grease you can buy .................good luck ( I had such bad sqeeking and ticking sounds that I had to get my complete sunroof frame replaced , the car has been perfect ever since ! )

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

What climate would that be? This is why we ask you to put your location in your profile.

Draft saved Draft deleted