kia stinger store

POLL: Need Stinger Driving experience

Would you potentially sign-up if they did this?

• Total voters

scar_007

Seattle
I've been to the 3 day Porsche driving class in Alabama, heard about the Ford Rapture class and certainly heard about numerous other companies promoting their cars to the owners and potential owners. I believe that Kia did a great job of promoting the car to the press when it was first coming out. That worked well, got it well deserved positive press. But what are they doing for the owners to encourage them to promote the car and potential owners to get a feel for what the car can do? I for one love my Stinger, so much so that within a few weeks of getting it, I had taken multiple co-workers for rides and even took one of them to the dealership where on the spot he bought one. That said, I would love to see a Kia run driving experience, where they take you in the classroom, on the track and other surfaces to show you what the car can do and all the features of it. Classroom lessons about how to maximize grip, what technology the car has and how to work with it not against it. Provide you with a Stinger and go on a track in groups to learn the proper way to drive the car. When not on the track, go on say a figure 8 slick surface with water being sprayed on it to try and drive with traction control on and then off, experience the difference.. Learn more about the electronics, etc...

While I understand we would all like it to be free. If Kia offered this premium class in say a 3 day class at a top notch track like Laguna Seca Raceway, would you pay to attend?

Thinking of course they provide the cars and insurance, so it won't be cheap but not $5,000 either...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
It would be a waste of money at this point. And looking back, I'd have passed it up when I first got my car. I've never been all that intrigued by seeing how much I can "get out of my car", performance-wise. Anything else I am willing to learn by experiencing it when the time and situation comes up. I'm still intrigued by the idea of performance driver school. But that's a totally different thing.

jalcala

Orlando Area
Road Atlanta, the road course at Daytona, hell even Sebring would be a blast. I'd be down for one!

DCBStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
Melbourne
@scar_007 , I took delivery of my Stinger in March 2018, here in Melbourne, Australia. In July 2018 I was lucky to be chosen to attend a Kia Stinger Experience / Track Day organised by Kia Motors Australia, and I believe it was held in other Aussie states, as I know of another forum member who also attended in his state, while our Stingers rested safely in the car park, we drove Kia's Stingers to the limit, we experienced and taught how to use ' Launch Control ', ' Hot Laps ' , and experience the Stinger on a wet surface with ' Traction Control On and Off ', so this is what I believe you want to attend, experience and participate in, and I really believe it's beneficial and fun, even if you don't drive your Stinger that way, and of course there was no charge for those who attended this event at our local raceway track.

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
It already handles and accelerates better than any police vehicle I have driven on the pursuit track. So I am good.

scar_007

Seattle
@scar_007 , I took delivery of my Stinger in March 2018, here in Melbourne, Australia. In July 2018 I was lucky to be chosen to attend a Kia Stinger Experience / Track Day organised by Kia Motors Australia, and I believe it was held in other Aussie states, as I know of another forum member who also attended in his state, while our Stingers rested safely in the car park, we drove Kia's Stingers to the limit, we experienced and taught how to use ' Launch Control ', ' Hot Laps ' , and experience the Stinger on a wet surface with ' Traction Control On and Off ', so this is what I believe you want to attend, experience and participate in, and I really believe it's beneficial and fun, even if you don't drive your Stinger that way, and of course there was no charge for those who attended this event at our local raceway track.
I wish we had that here. When I went to the Porsche one, I was 25-30, it was taught by current and former race car drivers. I did not have a Porsche but my father did, so I went along, I was not impressed by Porsche before going, but appreciated the automobile much more afterwards. I do believe it made me a better driver, but again I'm not racing. I recently went to DirtFish Rally school, again I don't rally race, but learning more about cars handle and where their limits are along with how to recover is always a great thing especially in a place that is safe and does not put your car and others at risk.

Thanks for sharing!

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA
We did have one in the US back early in 2018. I went to the one at Fed Ex Field and it was a total blast.
There was a post about it on the forums but I cannot seem to find it now. This is the original Press Release from KIA about it: