kia stinger store

Please check JB4 logs

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
Could someone please check these? Just installed the JB4, did a few pulls on map 0-2. Thanks for the help. Not sure how to tag @Terry@BMS

Also, do people normally do the 1 hour consolidated log?
For some reason I couldn't get them to email out of the app, so i saved the Excel file, emailed that and converted back to .csv...not sure how it is supposed to work haha.

Attachments

• P21_M0_R1_210407_115844.csv
    9.4 KB · Views: 9
  • P21_M1_R1_210407_115928.csv
    8.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P21_M2_R1_210407_120159.csv
    4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
My only comments are you are going to need a LOT longer WOT run. not much to take from these.
How do you recon doing that? Is it ok to run lower gears...WOT gets to about 80mph in a handful of seconds haha i will keep it in mind though

Also, do i leave the app in the "combine logs" =1hour for longer logs?

runner1

Lots of timing conditions. I would head over to burgers forum for better response. To me it looks like bad fuel.

AWDGT2

Map2 log is too short. Start at 0 or a slow roll, go through at least 3rd gear at WOT. Find place you can do it and we can better asses your logs. I agree with @runner1 , Timing is horrible. Did you do plugs? If not go back to Map1, if you did do plugs then your gas is junk. You need at least 93 oct for map2 and regapped plugs.

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
Map2 log is too short. Start at 0 or a slow roll, go through at least 3rd gear at WOT. Find place you can do it and we can better asses your logs. I agree with @runner1 , Timing is horrible. Did you do plugs? If not go back to Map1, if you did do plugs then your gas is junk. You need at least 93 oct for map2 and regapped plugs.
Thanks, I already put it back in map0 til I got some feedback.
Yes I got the Denso from Burger's and did the .022" gapping to them which was what it said on their page, Running 93octane from Buc-ee's gas station.

runner1

I would disconnect the battery for an hour after a fresh tank of fuel and log again. Reset the computer that way and get a brand name gas at next fill up. That gas looks really bad

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
I would disconnect the battery for an hour after a fresh tank of fuel and log again. Reset the computer that way and get a brand name gas at next fill up. That gas looks really bad
Awesome sounds good, I will try some Shell or something next fill up, we have a cruise this weekend so I will likely go through a tank or 2 haha.

I didn't see this until after I got to work, but here is a bit more data, finally learning how to use the JB4 a touch better.

Attachments

• P21_M1_R5_210408_0857.csv
    50.7 KB · Views: 13

runner1

That looks horrible, you’ve got corrections all over the place and big numbers. That’s not good fuel in my opinion at all

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
there you go...;)

Definitely leave it at map 1 until you can get your timing under control/get WAY better gas.
@monusa

So if a couple tanks of better fuel and the ECU reset via battery disconnect doesnt help...i assume to recheck the plugs? Is there any acceptable deviation from 0 for ign2-6? I really appreciate your insight

monusa

.i assume to recheck the plugs?
easy check is at idle. if engine "purrs", they should be fine but gap should be verified before installing. If you get a rough idle then you may need to pull them and re-check gap. ONLY install plugs on cold engine and for me, i use a torque wrench. I know the "tried and true" method of tighten to washer and go a quarter turn but for me, torque wrench will tell you they have been tightened to the recommended torque specs. Under torque/over torque is not a good thing for consistent combustion.

Jimmygilbo

Newish Member
So after a couple tanks of Shell 93, map1 started looking better, here is Map2, how does this look?

Is it normal for Ign1 to be higher, thats one thing I notice on pretty much all of my logs.

Attachments

• P21_M2_R9_210413_1233.csv
    49.5 KB · Views: 6

AWDGT2

Your log looks ok minus some timing variations, but they are within the normal range for 93. This is your map for the fuel you're running. If possible I would still add a hair of E85 or just a bit of octane boost if you plan on running it hard. If just daily driving, no need to. Ign1 is read via canbus, the other 5 cylinders are read via Ram so yes, they will have different values.