• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Pictorial where did you go in your Stinger today

JSolo

1000 Posts Club!
Chicago
@KAS, there's a whole thread devoted to this question.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
@KAS, there's a whole thread devoted to this question.

Thanks for the link - how did I miss that topic? Lol. :whistle:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
This may be a dumb question but why is backing in preferable? :unsure:
It's a curb thing: you avoid curbing your front rims when backing in. But there are no side curbs where I parked: there is almost no chance of encountering the front curb with the bumper because I know when to stop inching forward (I use the side mirrors as measuring guides).

Today, a couple of friends and I hiked up Bell canyon: I went as far as the lower falls. Upon returning to my car, I saw the yellow parking violation paper under my wiper. WTH!? I didn't see any signage forbidding parking (I parked out on the street, rather than enter the zoo that the trailhead parking lot was). But upon further inspection, yep, there was ONE NO Parking sign, about fifty feet back from where I parked, and I hadn't seen it because I didn't make the decision to stay out of the slammed parking lot till I had passed the sign. I'll use this as my appeal when I go into Sandy City: "I have a car that I really work to protect when parking, and there were no end stalls in that full parking lot, so, I decided to park out on the street: you only have one NO Parking sign along that whole stretch, and it was already behind me when I made my decision to not go in there and risk a door ding or worse. I think that you should have at least two NO Parking signs up along that stretch of road. I would never have parked there had I known it was verboten."
DSCF1409.JPG DSCF1414.JPG DSCF1422.JPG DSCF1423.JPG DSCF1427.JPG

They're building a spiff new parking lot, but have made slow progress in c. half a year (as far along as it was last fall, I expected it to be finished by now).
DSCF1429.JPG

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
This may be a dumb question but why is backing in preferable? :unsure:
I think backing in is actually safer, not only the curb issue but easier and safer when driving out to see other cars, particularly when an Suv is blocking your view when parked near you.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
Yesterday, we had a lovely meet in Kyneton for our Stinger Gt owners club Vic.For me it was a two hour drive there and back but I enjoy these meet ups and cruises, seeing people's mods and just general chit chat about the cars.
We left Kyneton for a 20 minutes drive for a picnic lunch in Lancefield when all the swarm had gathered, 17 Stingers and one ford Ute ring in ( which took up the rear of the pack as a would be support vehicle ) :laugh:
After lunch, most cars headed home to Melbourne, 7 of us drove 30 minutes to Tooborac pub to have a drink before calling it a day.

IMG_6436.JPG IMG_6455.JPG IMG_6458.JPG IMG_6452.JPG

Last edited:
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Yesterday, we had a lovely meet in Kyneton for our Stinger Gt owners club Vic.For me it was a two hour drive there and back but I enjoy these meet ups and cruises, seeing people's mods and just general chit chat about the cars.
We left Kyneton for a 20 minutes drive for a picnic lunch in Lancefield when all the swarm had gathered, 17 Stingers and one ford Ute ring in ( which took up the rear of the pack as a would be support vehicle ) :laugh:
After lunch, most cars headed home to Melbourne, 7 of us drove 30 minutes to Tooborac pub to have a drink before calling it a day.

View attachment 69636 View attachment 69637 View attachment 69638 View attachment 69639
That looks like an awesome time! I think I should really make the effort to get to a Owner's Club of SA drive day.

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
That looks like an awesome time! I think I should really make the effort to get to a Owner's Club of SA drive day.
Yes, you should try and go. It is a lot of fun, checking other peoples mods, gives you ideas or not.
Our organiser and leader was a bit of a lead foot and those of us in the front group were keeping up but half the group got a little left behind. They said they couldn’t see us but could here us lol the Orange Stinger I was behind had a custom exhaust, no mufflers, you could hear him miles away, the exhaust was so loud and was popping and crackling as we were going. And I thought my Borla was quite loud :laugh:

AtomicGTL

Stinger Enthusiast
Ontario, Canada

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

View attachment 69636 View attachment 69637 View attachment 69638 View attachment 69639
Very cool. You Aussies have the largest Stinger swarms. :)

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Yes, you should try and go. It is a lot of fun, checking other peoples mods, gives you ideas or not.
Our organiser and leader was a bit of a lead foot and those of us in the front group were keeping up but half the group got a little left behind. They said they couldn’t see us but could here us lol the Orange Stinger I was behind had a custom exhaust, no mufflers, you could hear him miles away, the exhaust was so loud and was popping and crackling as we were going. And I thought my Borla was quite loud :laugh:
I would very definitely be in the "slow group" at the rear! :whistle:

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
drove in to the office today to have lunch with some coworkers. Coworker just picked up an ultra rare Jaguar XF S Sportbrake recently so we grabbed some pictures in our parking garage!!

Attachments

• 20220429_131040.jpg
    20220429_131040.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220429_130752.jpg
    20220429_130752.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220429_130839.jpg
    20220429_130839.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220429_130738.jpg
    20220429_130738.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 20

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Just on the Mountain View corridor to update my navigation, is all. On my way home, on the Bungler Hwy, I saw this gorgeous concours contender, as clean as if it just rolled off the showroom floor. Not being a car guy, but having noticed this particular car as a kid (don't know why, but it and the early T-Bird penetrated my consciousness), I'm guessing it is a 1956 model.
DSCF1456.JPG DSCF1457.JPG

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Drove to Liberty park in Salt Lake City and walked twice around it (c. an hour), then picked up @Redleg94 at the hotel where he's staying as he works here for a week, and drove him in my Stinger to a burger joint where we chatted about Stingers and related things (cars and adventures going fast and being stupid, etc.).
DSCF1458.JPG
On my way home I gassed up at Costco, and around here this week the price of Premium is $4.64 (down four cents from last week, heh).

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Drove to Liberty park in Salt Lake City and walked twice around it (c. an hour), then picked up @Redleg94 at the hotel where he's staying as he works here for a week, and drove him in my Stinger to a burger joint where we chatted about Stingers and related things (cars and adventures going fast and being stupid, etc.).
View attachment 70456
On my way home I gassed up at Costco, and around here this week the price of Premium is $4.64 (down four cents from last week, heh).
Sounds like a great afternoon.

7Andrei7

Bucharest/Vienna
Hi! So, over the next month I'm going (for work) to 3 of the big design fairs in Europe (Brussels, Milan and Basel) while at the same time going to see the F1 race in Barcelona and visiting Monaco during the F1 weekend (no more tickets for the race).
And since this all will happen within 1 month I decided to take my car instead of living in Trains and on Planes.
I'll treat all of it as a great European road trip :)
This is my route. Will be the first time driving through France & Spain. Plus a few hundred km of German Autobahn. Pretty excited about that!
I'll try to take some nice pics of the Stinger in different cities but in most cases it will be forced underground overnight so I'll see.

IMG_7077.jpeg Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 11.00.33.png

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

7Andrei7

Bucharest/Vienna
So, Day 1 is done.
I had a couple of stops today to pick up some pieces from 2 collaborators so it was a super long day. Covered almost 700km. But, it was a perfect day for driving and got all the way to the NW of Romania to a city called Oradea. I’m currently having a beer in the town square (photo below).
Tomorrow is a short trip to Vienna and a little time in the office.

510A4688-C8AC-4EED-984D-98B99AFA54DB.jpeg
9DAC654C-7833-41A5-8D1E-1F20267703A0.jpeg
5874FFF9-753C-4952-8FDD-76DC993DB9BD.jpeg
7BB5C39E-3A94-4C8F-80D6-14AC15AC3E71.jpeg