Papa's Kia Stinger CRASH

Aarvix

North TX
Feel sorry for the guy, he just got that wrap and seemed so happy with his stinger.

Man I need a dashcam. That SUV driver is clearly in the wrong, but immediately tried to pass the blame, I hope the cop emptied his ticket book on him.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The comments section is instructive: how anyone could look at that dashcam footage even once and come away asserting, "The Papa could have prevented that accident by not accelerating into it", is mind boggling. Clearly, the light went green, he paused long enough to see the intersection had cleared in front, then accelerated in perfect safety: until an ultra maroon literally steered directly in front of him, and TURNED INTO him. No time to register anything but WTF??!! and maybe lift the gas foot, that's it; nowhere to dodge and no time anyway. A complete, perfect FUBAR.

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Can i say im not surprised for me its a daily battle driving through some suburbs. Feel sorry for Papa, for the other guy its just water off a ducks back. A couple of months ago i had a guy like that take my passengers side mirror off in my Ford he was speeding down the breakdown lane!....so much more id like to say but political correctness will muzzle me.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
I wish I was surprised that someone literally driving down the wrong side of the road is trying to blame the other person for the crash, but judging by the amount of times I've had someone almost run me off the road and then flip me off, I'm not. I'm glad for his sake that they weren't going very fast, head on collisions are nasty this could have been much much worse.

CeramicGT001

Maryland
Terrible thing to see, always watch vivid’s videos and Papa is a great addition to that channel. He only had 7k miles on that car and it’s most likely totaled due to all the damage and the electronics in his 2019 GT2...
Glad to see he’s not too banged up and has the composure he did, because I know I wouldn’t with the way the at fault driver reacted.
Hopefully we see him in a 2021 Stinger GT later this year but those s7/rs7 Audi’s are nice as well.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
Terrible thing to see, always watch vivid’s videos and Papa is a great addition to that channel. He only had 7k miles on that car and it’s most likely totaled due to all the damage and the electronics in his 2019 GT2...
Glad to see he’s not too banged up and has the composure he did, because I know I wouldn’t with the way the at fault driver reacted.
Hopefully we see him in a 2021 Stinger GT later this year but those s7/rs7 Audi’s are nice as well.
I hope for his sake it is totaled, as sad as that is to say. That car will never be the same again.

It's interesting how you react after an accident, adrenaline can do a lot of strange things. I got rear ended by a woman that was tailgating me for quite a while and I was ready to get out and start yelling but decided I'd be nice and see if she was okay. I walked back and asked if she was alright and she immediately started yelling at me and tried to blame me for the accident. At that point I decided it'd be better for me to go back to my truck and wait for the cops to show up. Her kids even came to the accident and started harassing me and telling me that I was going to need a lawyer, of course once the cops showed up I wasn't the one to get a ticket. Her insurance company even called me literally just a couple hours later to take responsibility, if that doesn't show how easy it was to see it was her fault nothing will.

I'm a bit of a hot head in those situations but it pays to keep your cool like he did. I can only imagine how well it would have gone had I taken her kids bait.

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
No question the other driver was at fault; he clearly ran the red light and is WAY over the double-yellow lines. The car in front of him also looks like it ran the red light. With that being said, I saw the accident coming a mile away. This is why I always count to 3 on a green light. I've seen this kinda crap too many times.

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
Why? Fault isn’t as big of an issue here.
Considering the other driver immediately tried to place blame on him I'm sure he would swear to his grave that he wasn't at fault. So instead of going through all the bullshit of he said she said you just hand over a digital copy of the dashcam to the police and insurance company and call it a night. You don't think the video was useful here or something?

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
Depends on the state. Some have true no-fault laws. Some have weak or non-existent no-fault laws. I was today years old when I learned that there are 5 states that have enacted and later repealed no-fault laws. Having video evidence can be particularly important if there are serious injuries or worse deaths.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Considering the other driver immediately tried to place blame on him I'm sure he would swear to his grave that he wasn't at fault. So instead of going through all the bullshit of he said she said you just hand over a digital copy of the dashcam to the police and insurance company and call it a night. You don't think the video was useful here or something?
In the US where they don’t have no fault insurance it’s super useful. Here both drivers are covered for damage and medical regardless of fault. It might save you the deductible or from getting sued but that’s about it.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
Depends on the state. Some have true no-fault laws. Some have weak or non-existent no-fault laws. I was today years old when I learned that there are 5 states have enacted and later repealed their no-fault laws. Having video evidence can be particularly important if there are serious injuries or worse deaths.
Didn’t know that. Thanks.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
When I was 18 I got hit by a guy that ran a red light. The officer that responded was well known to all of us in the city, he hated punk kids like me with "fast cars". After the accident I tried my best to get any witnesses that saw what happened, I was hurt pretty badly and once the adrenaline wore off that became difficult, but I found one woman that said she saw the guy run the light and hit me. The cop blamed me for the accident entirely. He took no witness statements just the word of the older guy that hit me. When I went to court even the prosecutor said it was strange that the officer got no witness statements, but he offered me a plea deal that would keep the accident off my record and I didn't want to risk it. Had I had a dashcam I could have easily proven it was the other guys fault. Don't underestimate how easily you can be blamed for something that isn't your fault.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
When I was 18 I got hit by a guy that ran a red light. The officer that responded was well known to all of us in the city, he hated punk kids like me with "fast cars". After the accident I tried my best to get any witnesses that saw what happened, I was hurt pretty badly and once the adrenaline wore off that became difficult, but I found one woman that said she saw the guy run the light and hit me. The cop blamed me for the accident entirely. He took no witness statements just the word of the older guy that hit me. When I went to court even the prosecutor said it was strange that the officer got no witness statements, but he offered me a plea deal that would keep the accident off my record and I didn't want to risk it. Had I had a dashcam I could have easily proven it was the other guys fault. Don't underestimate how easily you can be blamed for something that isn't your fault.
For sure. In Canada we have no fault insurance. See my post above.