Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Ordered Stillen exhaust on sale

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Hojae84, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Hojae84

Hojae84 United States Active Member

Came across stillen exhaust on sale online. I was super dissapointed with their initial batch of intake issues but I'm rolling the dice and taking a chance on their exhaust. Mainly cos the sale price and to reduce restrictions (those clamped thin parts on stock exhaust) and dont want drone. Am putting these in along with ssr downpipes. Am not too old but old enough where our family road trip stinger needs to stay quiet on the highway with no annoying vibes. Hopefully fitment is spot on this time..Fingers crossed. Yes I know sound seems kinda like stock but tad deeper but I prefer a quiet sleeper. I will try do install myself so I will report back once I get around to installing.
    Hopefully will be thumbs up or I'll be pulling my hair out if I'm almost done but smth wont fit at then end. Murphys law.
    But doing this work on a newish car should be s trest vs rust buckets iv dealt with before

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Man good luck. Probably will be hard for it to have a worse fit than the intake (hope I didn't just jinx you).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

Would love to see and hear what it sounds like if you could post a video.

4. Hojae84

hah yeh im really rolling the dice here. I was gonna get their intakes but balked after the initial feedback.
    pray fitment is good. as i'll be doing the work myself
    Like i said i need quiet, just want to get it more free flowing...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan United States Active Member

Following....good luck!

6. stacyOK

stacyOK United States Newish Member

I’m interested in both of those products as well for the same reasons. Let us know how install goes, sound levels change and performance improves.

7. Rango

Rango United States Stinger Enthusiast

Interested in the outcome also. I to am satisfied with the stock muffler sound. Just want better flow with absolutely no drone whatsoever. Beginning to think this is not possible. Watching this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zotto

Zotto Canada Member

Ditto!

9. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

Downpipes with oem cat back will get you that. Also magnaflow makes a cat back that has zero drone. It just sounds a bit deeper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hojae84

Yeh that is what I am hoping.
    A little deeper, dont need louder necessarily but do not want vibrations or drone. Seems like magnaflow and stillen (according to their exhaust info) are the quietest just a tad deeper sounding. May be a few weeks till I install as is life when u have a toddler but will report back with review when I eventually get round to it

• Like Like x 2
  11. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

I would find it unlikely that this exhaust will have fitment issues, but I also thought that was impossible on an intake too. I have heard clips of this one and they might have the quietest system built. Best of luck!

12. Mike04SVT

Mike04SVT United States Member

Vids when you get this installed please. From the only vid i have seen this is the best sounding Stinger exhaust out there next to Magnflow IMO.

13. Hojae84

Will plan on posting video. May be a few weeks or month tho.
    Lots going on renovations and kids zzzzz. Not sure when I'll be able to get round to it

14. Hojae84

Zzz not off to a great start. Just got the email below. At least they said by end of this week and not "2 more weeks"
    Kudos tho they reached out to me about this in a timely manner
    We shall see..

Hello,
    Thank you for purchasing with us at Stillen.
    I have gone ahead and processed your order, and it seems like the exhaust you have purchased is actually on backorder. I have spoken to my assembly manager, and this is expected to be shipping out by end of this week. We apologize for this inconvenience, this item has been on very high demand, and we are working extremely hard to speed up the manufacturing process to satisfy all of our customer’s needs.
    If there is any questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    We thank you for your patience, have a great day!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Zotto

Zotto Canada Member

O man... Having flash backs

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kamauxx

That's such a generic email. They filled in the blank ("exhaust" in this case) and left all of the other generic terminology in there ("this", "this item"). Most likely the same email all of the Nissan folks get when Stillen is prepping to dick them around.

17. Hojae84

Oh boy I knew I was testing my luck after the not so smooth launch of the stillen intake.
    Dont understand why they sell on their website and other sites... without indicating it's a preorder etc? Give a heads up to consumers if ur selling regarding wait times...
    Yes flashbacks happening a little annoyed I'm out over a grand I was hoping to install their exhaust w my downpipes in one go. Stillen response below.
    So unfortunately, the first eta that was given my assembly manager was scheduled for end of the week as I told you, but because these are the first exhaust systems we are shipping, it is unfortunate to tell you that we might take up to another week. We want to revise everything and make sure fitment is well, and that everything is well balanced. We are simply doing more quality control on it so we don’t have any issues.

18. Kamauxx

They're revising it before the first customer even receives one...I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

I'll tell ya a secret..."revise everything and make sure fitment is well, and that everything is well balanced" is Stillen talk for "we haven'teven built it yet!"

19. Hojae84

Lol
    Yah that's y I dont get y they dont specify preorder
    I may give them just "a week more" if not I may ask for my dough back and go with the magnaflow. If I do end up getting the stillen I'll be sure to write about fitment since I tend to do all work on my car myself

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hojae84

Ok this thread should go RIP. I just cancelled order. Got annoyed waiting around this time it was 1 more week, 1 more week zzz. It's would have been ok if they had specified preorder, since there is always a risk of delays...
    Also got cold feet after reading up on fitment and quality issues with some stillen exhauste online. Anyway gonna get money back next few days :thumbup:

Draft saved Draft deleted