Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Only 18 miles on the clock and first compliment

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Silverfox, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Silverfox

Silverfox United Kingdom Member

I picked up my new Stinger today.

On the way home from the dealer I stopped to fill up. There was a car already at the pumps and as I was filling up the guy came back to his car after paying, stopped and looked at my car.

He then proceeded to slowly walk all round the car inspecting it. Then he turned to me and said ‘that’s lovely, I’ve never seen one before’ to which I replied, with a big smile, ‘yes, I picked it up 20 minutes ago’.

Is that a record?

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

It doesn’t get old. 18k miles in and it still puts a smile on my face. Congrats on the new ride!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Member

Yup they certainly are head turners! Get use to it..compliments are an almost daily occurrence lol. I completely rebadged mine and it's started so many great conversations with people. I've had people ask me if it's a Audi, Lexus, Maserati, BMW, Jaguar and when I tell them it's a Kia they're shocked. I've heard several people describe the car as "Sexy" and it is no doubt.

The only thing I didn't care for with the Stinger was the exhaust note so I installed the Borla cat back and Injen intakes. Highly recommend it! When I'm at the gas station and I start her after filling up, everyone turns to see what's making that AMAZING sound... then they see the car and thumbs up usually ensue:)

If you don't like attention, the Stinger is probably not for you. But if you don't mind it, there's lots of great responses and conversations coming your way. Congratulations and welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pnbnationsbest

Pnbnationsbest United States Active Member

I made it 1 mile before an M3 guy gave me a thumbs up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Member

How easy/hard is it to put those in?
    I Consider my self being "Tim the toolman taylor" with cars.

6. Manaz

Manaz Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

A cat-back exhaust should be within the capability of "Tim the Tool Man" - I did my Liberty (Legacy for most of you) one in my driveway, and whilst I recognise that my exhaust is a single until it gets near the rear mufflers, the difference in mounting a twin-system up shouldn't be *that* significant once you get it up on the exhaust hangers. I plan on doing my own (no way known I'm paying Kia $3200 for their bi-modal exhaust).

7. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Mine got a thumbs up by the guy on the assembly guy in Korea, so mine gest the record.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Member

I think they're both in your wheelhouse if your at all car competent. I didn't have access to a lift so I had a nearby shop install the exhaust. Took them around 30 minutes or so. I'm not very competent when it comes to cars but I installed the intakes myself. I pulled up a installation video on youtube and had it done in around 1.5 hrs. If your good with a wrench, shouldn't take you more than an hour. Just be sure to re-tighten all the nuts after a few days to make sure they're nice and secure. Worth the time and effort...Sounds Awesome! Especially when you step on it:)

9. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

How did you get a thumbs up from a guy who works at the assembly plant in South Korea, were you there in person ?

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted