Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

On the weekend I ..........

Discussion in 'Introductions and Non-Stinger Talk' started by OliverNuther, Aug 12, 2019.

1. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

.......well.....you tell me !

Apart from our love of fast Korean cars we seem to be a pretty diverse bunch with different interests so I thought it might be interesting to have a Monday morning, around the water cooler type thread where we can share our weekend activities. It doesn’t have to be a 3000 word photo essay
    ( looking at you Merlin ;) ) but it can be if you want it to be. ( looking at you again Merlin:)). It doesn’t have to be Stinger related but if you saw something funny or did something interesting share it with the forum here.

I’ll start.

On the weekend I drove up to Rockhampton to celebrate my brother’s 50th birthday with him. He has steadfastly refused to have any sort of party so we just went out for dinner with Mum, his family and my family. I only see them once or twice a year so it was nice to have just family around and no-one else.

It’s about a 16 hour round trip to Rocky and back so it’s usually a good chance to blow some dust out of the Stinger but this trip was just a procession of road works and caravans so it was a bit of a crap drive but a good weekend nonetheless.

• Like Like x 4
  2. This weekend was a down weekend for us. First one for quite a while actually. I bought a cool Jack Skellington backpack and some Funko at the mall, did a little coloring (or colouring for those of you who like to add extra vowels in words) while my littlest one was at gymnastics practice (3 hours 3 days a week, and it's just far enough from home that it's not worth the 'drop off and come back' routine, so I color while we wait), and grilled steaks. Was hoping to get some good storm photos going, but the weather did not cooperate. Our pig sitter is back from holiday in a couple of weeks, so we're planning a camping trip soon. I need to get out of the desert and up on the rim a couple times each summer or I get stabby.

Yes. I said pig sitter.
    20190727_181724.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Normal or typical weekend, with an additional birthday celebration with our youngest daughter (heh, only over three months late; the email exchange was 29 installments long, trying to get together, we finally did): we ate at Black Bear then bought her bedding at Bed, Bath and Beyond. That was on Saturday evening. The afternoon was the typical part: slot car racing, but with summer attrition on our participating numbers; we only got together a minimal field (I will not race with less than four). This is my winning car and the results (I am Doug):
    848 NASCAR 10Aug 2019(2).JPG 848 NASCAR 10Aug 2019.JPG
    We were supposed to have a second race with cars that look like this:
    815 FatIndy 20Apr 2019(2).JPG
    But Dimmick's equipment did not cooperate and he grabbed a backup controller; and also he hooked up this controller wrong and closed the circuit and his car went around the bank full speed and into the "deadman" wall, rebounding halfway back up the down straight facing the wrong way with his rear end completely destroyed. After getting a new axle and rear tires on we restarted the third time and then his motor fell out (from the wreck) after less than three laps and we were done. :( He quit, and three do not make a race.

On Sunday we went to church and then sat around lazy the rest of the day. No news is good news.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ktstinger

ktstinger Canada Member

Saturday helped my folks move into their new home. Thankfully they hired movers so just helped arrange the furniture and unpack boxes. Sunday had a booth at a local car show. Some nice rides for sure. Sadly it rained which sent the crowds home.

5. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Well, it peed down raining all weekend here in Victoria, so hubby and I did some retail therapy, dashing between bursts of rain into Bunnings, where we got a Karcher and a big container for me to keep my stuff for Sonic. Then to Repco where we bought " the stuff " for sonic , like Polar Blast, bowden's boss gloss, washing mitt, big green sucker and the list goes on and we haven't finished yet. We have ordered the buckets with the grid in it, yes we are taking this pre wash and 2 bucket wash very seriously. Sonic will never visit " Magic Hands ", where they are not so magic and put swirl marks and light scratches on your car.
    It's going to take all next weekend for me to detail the car......

IMG_2506.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  6. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

You are so organised. I am jealous. Sonic is a lucky boy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flameangel

Originally, I was referring to Sonic as a boy because of Sonic the hedgehog.But most people seem to say " her or she " like in a boat/ship so now Iv'e taken to referring to it as a girl due to that voice in the car when you use GPS is female and so is my Dash cam Voice.

8. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Sorry, wasn't sure which sex to refer to but I thought blue was a boy colour. My bad.

9. Flameangel

:laugh: these days Gender is colourblind :thumbup: if you could alter the voice in the car to a male one, then she would be more he.It would be fun if you could change the voice....perhaps a chipmunk one when your'e in a silly mood o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Won’t you have to change her name to Sonique if you change her gender? :)

11. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Washed my Stinger saturday morning, washed the wife's car saturday evening, replaced all the brake pads on my wife's car sunday afternoon, and put my new Cquence slotted rotors and Stoptech pads on the Stinger right after.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flameangel

I like that, " Sonique Boom " it looks rather mystique which is how the car seems to present after I put the 3.0 k badge on the front and people think it's a Lexus :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nah, Sonic is androgynous. Like "Pat" or "Chris" or "David Bowie".

:)

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Manaz

Manaz Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I'll need a name for my Micro Blue car too. And Sonic is taken :p

15. Flameangel

Lol, you can have Sonic 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Masculine: Bronx (Gargoyles cartoon, Bronx was blue)
    Feminine: Saphira or Sapphire. One's a Pretty blue rock, one's a pretty blue Dragon from the Inheritance trilogy.

I'm full of suggestions. Not sure they're GOOD suggestions, but hey, I got 'em.

17. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

What about Orcim? Its Micro in reverse or Cinos it's the reverse of Sonic. How's about Zanam:laugh::rofl::laugh:.

18. TODDK

TODDK United States Active Member

I was on the boat and enjoyed the sun and river. Hope to do the same this weekend. Winter is coming too fast!

19. Flameangel

How about Gonzo, Grover, Dash, Blue Boy, Smurf, Smoke, Sky, Streak ....I'm trying ;)

20. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I thought of "Papa Smurf" actually or "Sonic Boom" but I think you mentioned that already, in the feminine sense though..:)

Draft saved Draft deleted