Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Oil Filler Cap specs

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Joseph Spiegel, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Here’s my dumb question. Are oil filler caps the same on Kia engines? I see a red aluminum cap for sale one one of the Stinger stores, not Sal’s, for about $80. I see one on Ebay that’s also red aluminum for under $20. Both say they fit the Kia 3.3L. Am I opening a can of worms or are all caps created equal?
    Any advice is appreciated, including don’t mess with it.

2. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

Pretty sure they all fit if they are made for Kia as the openings are pretty standard for street cars. Like all things non OEM quality fit and finish differ greatly. Prices can be $10 and up. Most, if not all, function properly when new.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph Spiegel

Do you know, are most oil caps the same or are there major differences? Is the Kia design compatible with other major brands? Still not getting any more direct answers. Someone here has to know. I see some “covers” that use set screws to tighten the decorative cover over the plain cap. Not interested in that. Just want something a little fancier, red and shiny. Is it asking so much. LOL.
    Same for radiator caps. That’s a thing too.

4. Joseph Spiegel

I’m going to answer my own question and hope it helps others trying to decorate their engine bay a little and not break the bank. The Kinetic cap that K8 sells is $65 and just, to me, seems a tad much. Through a lot of searching and asking I found that this series fits just fine and comes in a wide variety of color and stickers to delight all. All well under $20.

M35x4.0 Thread Pitch Red ENGINE OIL CAP FILLER COVER W/ BLACK MOBIL 1 EMBLEM | eBay

I’ve run it on freeway and street and no runs, no drips no errors.

• Informative Informative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted