Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Oil Catch Can Results

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Beege, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Beege

Beege United States Active Member

I've been on the fence about getting catch cans installed and I'm asking for some help. There's been a lot of threads on catch cans and how to install them and what not but there hasn't been any of the stuff that people are actually catching in them.

Does anyone have any photos or descriptions on what they've actually prevented from going back into the engine?

Also, if dual catch cans have been installed, are you stuff in both of them? I'd assume this will also be based on how they were installed.

Please note if you're using 2 separate, or 1 dual can.

Thanks!

2. Silverghost

Silverghost Canada Member

I just had an oil change. First one since my OCCs (2 of them) were
    installed.
    6,000 km since last oil change and installation of OCCs.
    This is what these 2 cans collected.
    I am glad these are excluded from going back into the engine.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. moinmoin

moinmoin Stinger Enthusiast

Posted this in April

How to Install Oil Catch Cans

Nasty Stuff...

4. Beege

Beege United States Active Member

Damn, that's a lot of nasty stuff for sure.

thanks for the replies!

5. Aegisx5

Aegisx5 United States New Member

I have the dual inlet single catch can from K8 Stinger store. With CAI, catback exhaust, plugs and a JB4 on map 2 I filled about 1/3 of the can in 1000 miles or so. It was oil colored but thinner than oil (I use high quality synthetic). I'm glad that didn't go into the combustion chamber, that's for sure. I plan on keeping the car for a while and pushing it hard.

6. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

I’ve had mine on for about 1000 miles and I’ve been resisting the urge to open it up and look... glad to know they’re picking up a whole lot

7. hummus

hummus United States Member

I caught this on the pcv side can of my 2.0T in less than 200 miles, with 855 total vehicle miles.

20t pcv occ caught.jpg

It's been another 800 miles since then, and I will be emptying and measuring both cans in the next week or two with an oil change.

As you look at others' results, it's worth considering that the amount caught in a can is likely subject to many variables: condition and age of the car/rings, volatility of the oil, driving conditions and habits, and probably even the design, quality, and installation of the can itself. We are talking about small amounts of condensation, probably the cumulative result of several small contributing factors.

Draft saved Draft deleted