Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

OEM Design Vintage K Hood Emblem

Discussion in 'Front and Rear Emblems and Badges' started by The Stinger Store, Apr 10, 2018.

1. The Stinger Store

The Stinger Store United States Newish Member Authorized Vendor

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

Hello. I bought these badges from here and I really like them. I may have made an installation error because they have lifted maybe a millimeter at the bottom of both the front and rear badges. I filled the holes from the old badges with silicone, and I tried to be careful, but I'm wondering if I didn't quite have the silicone sealant perfectly flat under the new badge.
    Do you have a suggestion on how to remedy this? My thoughts are 1) remove the badges and adhesive and replace the adhesive with new 3M double sided adhesive, or 2) clear epoxy to fill the gap - not sure how to do that.
    I'm listening for suggestions and solutions!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Hmm. That's interesting. I wonder if, as you mentioned, the silicone from filling the holes may be pushing the badges out a touch. If I'm not mistaken, you really don't need to fill in those holes if the badges are covering them.

My first suggestion would be to use a little clear silicone at the bottom where the badges aren't flush with the surface. I think that would suffice in assuring they're attached securely.

4. K-Rock

K-Rock Canada Member

I'll give it a try and report back!

5. benoit

benoit Singapore Member

Sal do u have pics of the the black chrome version of these?

6. Stouder

Stouder United States Newish Member

Has anyone had any problems with rags catching the edge of the K and breaking them off? Just installed mine today and I was wiping off the finger prints and the rag caught the edge. I’d say an actual car wash would most likely catch the corner of the K and rip it off

7. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Yes, I've experienced this too especially with Meguires Duster but I haven't broken anything so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stouder

Thinking of possibly trying to get some clear caulk or silicone and putting it under the edge of the K and try building it up so it doesn’t get caught underneath it

9. Manaz

Manaz Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Does the badge not quite follow the contour of the front panel? Does the original Kia badge have the same issue?

Vintage K badging was the direction I was likely headed for my Stinger when it arrives (hoping to have the order placed this week)....

10. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

The badge sits flush as expected. The issue is with the "K" which was probably added after the pad was moulded. It's not really noticeable but care is needed when cleaning.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stouder

The badge fits perfectly against the car but the K is raised up and the edges of the K are exposed to easily get snagged

12. Manaz

Manaz Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Ah, OK. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted