Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT OBX Racing downpipes

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Scott Curry, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Scott Curry

Scott Curry United States Member

I did a search on OBX racing downpipes and found nothing. Has anybody purchase these there are no reviews on them. They seem to be pretty high quality and direct bolt-on fitment replacing the secondary cats I assume? Has anybody installed these or have experience but using them?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. PUNKIN

PUNKIN United States Newish Member

Following.....

OBX makes good stuff and they’re very reasonable in their price. Some of these vendors are price gouging like crazy on exhaust products.

3. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

The impression I got when asking about these very pipes here and/or on fbook was that OBX is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff, and you should be prepared for fitment issues..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Scott Curry

Wondering if anybody who has purchased them could chime in what's the any information somebody must have purchased them at this point. We have one yay and one nay

5. Scott Curry

So is my understanding these downpipes replace the secondary cats? if so I will be the test mule and I will let you know what I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Yes they do replace the secondary DPs and look forward to your review.

However unless you’re installing them yourself you might be able to save some money just having a reputable exhaust shop make you a set. I was quoted $200 for cat removal and $400 for custom DPs with guaranteed fit. But still would be good to have someone finally review these.:thumbup:

7. Scott Curry

Got it I. Here in Utah most fabricators are super sketchy about catalytic converters it would be extremely difficult to find one fabricator to even remove them.

8. Toddasaurus

Toddasaurus United States Member

OBX has always made copies of copies. I bought a couple of their products back when I played around with Honda's, and their products never fit quite right. But, they did work.

Like mentioned above, prices for midpipes are stupid expensive for what you get. Even my ARK midpipes don't fit perfectly (they hang down a tiny bit lower than OEM, and I'm not talking about them not being ovalled like the stock pipes are), so I doubt the OBX would be much worse. I think they'd be worth a try for the price, it even says they offer 30 day returns, so you could send it back if it doesn't fit. If you get them, let us know how it goes!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 8:00 PM
  9. Scott Curry

I will do this, they sure build a good case for themselves in their marketing, top quality everything they claim.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted