Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

November 2018 Lease Rebates ending today Dec 3rd

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by DiabloStinger, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

So, I noticed the November lease numbers for 2018 models are ending today. Do any of the dealers on here have any indication what they will be for December? I would imagine they wouldn't be less, but I've been wrong before.

2. sergey

sergey United States Member

+1

3. AMDman18

AMDman18 United States Newish Member

I'm over here praying, PRAYING that they do similar if not better than what they were doing for November. Ordered a car that should be arriving in a couple weeks unless it gets delayed or something. And not having a big incentive like that would be a bit of a deal breaker. I have no reason to believe they won't though since Kia has offered some sort of good to great lease incentive for nearly the entirety of the Stinger's existence up to this point. Just hoping they don't decide to suddenly stop doing that for this holiday shopping season.

4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

I don't think dealers do. I talked with one on Sunday, decided I will wait till the December ones come out. Last year it went up by $400 from November to December.

5. twelvetosix

twelvetosix United States Newish Member

Nothing showing on the site for me for 2018 or 2019

6. DiabloStinger

it normally takes a day or so to update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ruturaj

No one would be more eager to see them than me. Suppose to pick the car up today (If rest of the deal goes right).

8. AMDman18

Dealers probably know. One of the big rules in sales though is to sell off of current promos. Even if you know the upcoming promos absolutely do not mention them to the customer. I told people all the time stuff like "we have no idea what it'll be next week/month whatever" even if I knew full well what the upcoming promos were. It makes it so that nobody would ever buy anything because they'd be constantly waiting for a better deal. Granted, I wasn't in car sales specifically, but it's all basically the same.

9. DiabloStinger

10. twelvetosix

What if you knew they'll be worse the next month? Wouldn't you want to share that?

11. Ruturaj

I was there to get the car on Saturday, I told him it might go up and I would rather wait. He said he doesn't know anything till Tuesday, what if it goes low. I said, then file paperwork was done on Monday. He was okay with waiting. So I assume he didn't know as well.

12. anselgator

anselgator United States Newish Member

I talked to one yesterday....said the incentives were better, but didn't share. Still waiting myself......

• Like Like x 1
  13. AMDman18

That would then set an expectation that you'd also let them know when it may be better. Generally speaking it's better to just stick to the whole "I don't know the future" line. But when I was in sales if I knew a promotion was straight up ENDING or going to something worse, I would generally try to strongly hint at my customer that it would really behoove them to make the purchase right then and there.

14. twelvetosix

Makes sense, thanks for the tidbit.

15. Ruturaj

The dealer just texted me, said incentive on 2019 GT2 AWD is still 6,500 (same as last month). I assume 2018 ones might have gone up.

16. AMDman18

If they're saying the same then I'm fine. I would have loved for them to go up a bit, but I can work with them being the same. They're not as high as they were last year, but money factors are also lower this year and residuals are higher for '19s so that kinda makes up the difference I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ruturaj

If you are planning to do just lease then yes, if lease and then buy out then no.

19. Ruturaj

Did you receive the incentives for this month, yet?

20. AMDman18

Good to know. Really, that's the best way to do it. Helps keep everyone honest. The industry I was in, sometimes we'd know upcoming promotions, sometimes we wouldn't. Was kinda random.

All that being said.... How them new incentives looking???:)

Draft saved Draft deleted