Noticing Some Issues!!

Kr33m0

So I've just passed the 3000m mark and noticed some issues I am having.

1. My lights on my side mirrors no longer flash when using the turn signals. I got it to do it once the other day, but for at least a week or so they have not been turning on.

2. Android Auto is annoyingly slow. I am not sure if it is my phone or the car's software. I am running stock Android 10 and the app on the phone is up-to-date!

3. Side mirror tilt. I mentioned this in another thread I replied to. Only noticed today that the mirror tilted while in reverse. It caught my attention as I recall it not doing that for quite some time.

Anyone having these types of issues? Should I just run it to the dealership for them to look at? Thanks!

jellyman

1. I am not sure if there is a switch to turn off the BSM but wouldn't hurt to turn off/on again and see if it helps. Otherwise, time to visit the dealer
2. AA is resource hog. It will slow down with longer use. Try restarting your phone and only run AA to see if slow response improves
3. Side mirror tilts on reverse only works if you have the mirror adjusting switch to L or R

Kr33m0

1. I am not sure if there is a switch to turn off the BSM but wouldn't hurt to turn off/on again and see if it helps. Otherwise, time to visit the dealer
2. AA is resource hog. It will slow down with longer use. Try restarting your phone and only run AA to see if slow response improves
3. Side mirror tilts on reverse only works if you have the mirror adjusting switch to L or R
Will take a look this evening! Forgot to mention as well that BSM has been sporadic also. So maybe there is some connection to what you said!?

Kr33m0

LOL, actually I wrote "3000m", but intended the "m" to represent "miles". No worries, we all got to the same place :). Now any other feedback/experiences with these issues?

me&stinger

Thank goodness it was "m" and not "k".

I'm not close to the mileage you are at so I'm not experiencing any issues you mentioned above. However, if in doubt no harm taking it to the dealership to have it checked. Or at least have the issue recorded so if it becomes a problem in the future it was noted.

Kr33m0

So, just found out that my side mirror lights were working all this time LOL! I originally thought I was able to see the tip of the lights from the driver position. So when I did not see (while driving) I thought something was up. :D

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
So, just found out that my side mirror lights were working all this time LOL! I originally thought I was able to see the tip of the lights from the driver position. So when I did not see (while driving) I thought something was up. :D
I wondered, but decided to wait and see.

My story: coming down the canyon at night, in the rain, I never saw any headlights in my side mirrors, or rearview, so assumed that nobody was taking the curves like me. That much was true. When I got to the freeway and signaled merge, I was dazzled by the flashing signal light. Eh!? I never noticed that before. Not seeing anything in the rearview (dark and raining, remember) I merged, and nearly got sideswiped by a passing eighteen wheeler! WTH!?:eek: It was then that I noticed for the first time that the driver's side mirror was turned IN. Somehow, back at the top of the canyon, I had managed to bump the mirrors button and turned the side mirrors in and had been driving with them that way for over half a hour. That has never happened again. :rolleyes::p

Kr33m0

So I am closing in on 5000 miles and noticing additional issues.
  1. The Android Auto is still a problem and I found a report that it is particularly awful on newer Kia cars (AutoEvolution). There does not seem to be a fix in the near future although an update of the app is forthcoming.
  2. 360 camera warning comes on randomly. While I am at a complete stop in traffic, with car auto-off, the 360 camera warnings come on. Without any movement from anything around me.
  3. Head-on collision warning seems sporadic and comes on much too late while set to normal. May try the quicker mode and see if that makes a difference.
  4. Washer fluid low warning. I have not checked it yet, but I know I have not used it that much considering all the rain we have had.
  5. No audio from speakers. This may be related to the Android auto problem. Sometimes I would have to completely restart the car just to get audio from any source. It has not happened in a few, but frequent enough to mention here.
  6. Blind spot - hit or miss. Maybe I am not sure when this is supposed to kick in, but sometimes it doesn't warn me when I expect it to (cars literally in my blind spot). And sometimes it comes on when cars are visible. Maybe some calibration is needed??
  7. Mirror turn signal. I thought I figured it out, but noticed that the turn signal light on the mirror was not blinking (noticed while looking at the cars reflection).
That's all I can think of for now. Anyone experience any of these? I'll be mentioning it during my 6000 mile service.

Last edited:

Oryan

1. AA has been a little up and down but lately seems to have figured itself out for me.
2. Peasant in a GT1 so can't say.
3. If anything mine has the opposite issue and screms at me when I'm just passing a bit more agressively. Certainly works, though.
4. Might be worth a look, not hardto do and resolve.
5. Nope.
6. I've found I may knee the button or something sometimes and it's not on when I think it is. Could be it? Otherwise, nothing.

I'm nearing 10k miles and aside from my wireless charging attempting to grill my phone I've yet to really see any issues. Yours seem almost all electrical/electronic so you may have something going on that needs attention. I don't really look at threads abou issues because i haven't had to but a lot of those don't seem to be very common with our cars at this point.

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
AA has always been a problem in those cars i've had it in.
Not even trying to use it anymore, too shitty over all.

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
The blind spot doesn't seem to activate at low speed. I'm not sure what the cutoff is but I notice it doesn't work in stop and go traffic.
This is correct, there is a cutoff programmed into blind spot monitoring. I recall it being around 35km/h or thereabouts.

Kr33m0

Added the turn signal on the side mirrors to that list as well. They do not consistently flash when turn signals are in use. Maybe I do need to have a look at that manual, lol!!