Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Noticing Some Issues!!

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Kr33m0, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Kr33m0

Kr33m0 United States Member

So I've just passed the 3000m mark and noticed some issues I am having.

1. My lights on my side mirrors no longer flash when using the turn signals. I got it to do it once the other day, but for at least a week or so they have not been turning on.

2. Android Auto is annoyingly slow. I am not sure if it is my phone or the car's software. I am running stock Android 10 and the app on the phone is up-to-date!

3. Side mirror tilt. I mentioned this in another thread I replied to. Only noticed today that the mirror tilted while in reverse. It caught my attention as I recall it not doing that for quite some time.

Anyone having these types of issues? Should I just run it to the dealership for them to look at? Thanks!

2. jellyman

jellyman United States Newish Member

1. I am not sure if there is a switch to turn off the BSM but wouldn't hurt to turn off/on again and see if it helps. Otherwise, time to visit the dealer
    2. AA is resource hog. It will slow down with longer use. Try restarting your phone and only run AA to see if slow response improves
    3. Side mirror tilts on reverse only works if you have the mirror adjusting switch to L or R

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

I'd drive a little further before drawing conclusions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kr33m0

Will take a look this evening! Forgot to mention as well that BSM has been sporadic also. So maybe there is some connection to what you said!?

5. Kr33m0

I figured if things seem to be "freaking out" and I'm only at 3k miles :(

6. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

Ah.. you posted 3km.. figured that was a little premature.

7. namja

namja Active Member Sustaining Member +

upload_2020-1-15_11-59-51.png

Was this you too? lol

8. Kr33m0

LOL, actually I wrote "3000m", but intended the "m" to represent "miles". No worries, we all got to the same place :). Now any other feedback/experiences with these issues?

9. me&stinger

me&stinger Active Member

Thank goodness it was "m" and not "k".

I'm not close to the mileage you are at so I'm not experiencing any issues you mentioned above. However, if in doubt no harm taking it to the dealership to have it checked. Or at least have the issue recorded so if it becomes a problem in the future it was noted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kr33m0

So, just found out that my side mirror lights were working all this time LOL! I originally thought I was able to see the tip of the lights from the driver position. So when I did not see (while driving) I thought something was up. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

I wondered, but decided to wait and see.

My story: coming down the canyon at night, in the rain, I never saw any headlights in my side mirrors, or rearview, so assumed that nobody was taking the curves like me. That much was true. When I got to the freeway and signaled merge, I was dazzled by the flashing signal light. Eh!? I never noticed that before. Not seeing anything in the rearview (dark and raining, remember) I merged, and nearly got sideswiped by a passing eighteen wheeler! WTH!?:eek: It was then that I noticed for the first time that the driver's side mirror was turned IN. Somehow, back at the top of the canyon, I had managed to bump the mirrors button and turned the side mirrors in and had been driving with them that way for over half a hour. That has never happened again. :rolleyes::p

12. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

1. Sorry no problem
    2. Sorry no problem
    3. Sorry no problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted