Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Not impressed with alternative badges offered on this site

Discussion in 'KiaStinger.com Forum Store' started by Husky Racer, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Husky Racer

Husky Racer United States Newish Member

So I thought I would change out the Kia badging on my Stinger. I noticed the admin of this site was advertising replacement badges. So after looking at my selections, I ordered the set of tank badges. About $75 worth of badges, in a few days later they arrived at my door. Fast shipping for sure. My disappointment came when I started looking at the badges themselves. The badges marked for the front and back actually had the manufacturers name stamped on the outside of the badge. Not only that, they were totally flat, with no curve whatsoever, and it's obvious that my Stinger has a slight curve where the badging goes. Needless to say I have not removed my Kia badges because I am not confident that these will look very good. Plus, if I'm taking off the key up badging, I damn sure don't want to put on another badge that has the manufacturer's name stamped into the badge. LOL. As far as the steering wheel badge, it's a cover, meaning it adheres to the existing badge on your steering wheel. In my opinion it looks tacky. You can tell that there's one badge placed on top of another. I put it on and immediately removed it. I may use the cover badges for the wheels though, I don't think that will look too bad. So for now it looks like I'll be rocking the Kia name on the front back and steering wheel of my car, no big deal but I hate wasting money. I'm attaching a picture of the large badge that has the manufacturer's name stamped in it. I think you'll see that it's just tacky.

edit: store owner response here.

2. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Well that's interesting for only your 2nd post.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club!

What you have experienced is what we all experience from other sellers. You have to do your research and look carefully at the photos to ensure it’s what you want. WYSIWYG.
    If you have a beef about the product you need to contact the administrator KiaStinger to discuss the issue. He is fair and will most likely come up with a solution. Unfortunately sellers can’t read your mind about your preferences so you must ask them questions. eBay is often even worse as there are a lot of knock offs and poor quality items. The Stinger store will only sell quality but it can’t always meet every standard.
    You also have not posted the picture of the offending item as you said you would.
    May I also suggest you write a post about yourself and car so we can get to know you better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AV8R

One other thing if the badge is what i think it is then it’s made by Loden who always stamps there name on badges. They are a high quality badge and if you look carefully in the Stinger store the photos do show the loden logo stamped into them plain as day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

Sorry to hear that Husky racer. BUT I orderd at this poit almost 200$ worth of badging and all this stuff and I got exatcly what I ordered.
    On some products there are of course kia signs and stanps because they are original kia parts. for example the E wheels caps, if im not mistaking there are even kia Stickers on the inside because they are original kia parts directly from Korea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Not sure which badge you got but the majority are a variation of badges used by KIA in the past or in other countries. Some folks don’t like the KIA font on the current badge and may choose the earlier one which is the “K” in a circle or the stylized “K” or the “E” badge which is the badge that came out on the Stinger in Korea. All has something to do with KIA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

So send them back and find some that you do like. There’s a pretty big selection out there and lots of info and photos here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Husky Racer

Sorry for all the butthurt. Apparently I can only post my opinion on product when I have more than two post? LOL. Yeah thanks. I'll stick by what I said and state that I am not happy with my purchase. If you don't like what I wrote, go to the next thread and read something else.
    I never made any personal attack just a simple fact that the product I purchased wasn't what I thought it might be, if that offends any of you so be it, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I thought I did post a picture this morning, apparently it did not attach. But then again, I guess there's no reason to post a picture of it when it's so obvious and clear as day that Loden is stamped on the product. My bad.

9. AV8R

Hey dont take this the wrong way! You can write your opinion but we can too so it works both ways. We are trying to help here but instead of starting off with a negative point we would have liked to get to know you better first and then go ahead and make the point about your badges. There is some etiquette in forums as is with talking to anyone. Youre not the first to have done this so lets start fresh and tell us about yourself. There is a lot to gain and experience from the forum that you can benefit from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Are the badges you received different from the badges you ordered?

11. Husky Racer

I purchased the Mamoth tank set. Just dont like it. Have you changed the badges on your Stinger?

12. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

I'm not sure what a Mamoth tank set is.

But what I'm wondering is did you get what you ordered or was something different sent to you?

13. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States 1000 Posts Club!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AV8R

No he has not got the wrong item . i just checked the store does sell them and there a three good reviews about them. The loden stamp is in the pictured items. I have asked the administrator to check in on this for him.

15. Husky Racer

It's the Mammoth KLexus Tank set in the store. It is what is pictured.

16. AV8R

So let me understand better, is it the fact the badge has Loden stamped in it that you dont like or the fact the overlays dont fit well?

17. Husky Racer

So there ya go...3 good ones and my bad one. Yes the Loden stamp is pictured, just didnt notice it when I saw the pic on my phone. Pretty sure I am entitled to say I dont like something...even after I buy it.

18. Husky Racer

Both. I was pretty clear. What your problem man?

19. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Wait one sec please...

20. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Merp

Draft saved Draft deleted