1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Northern Virginia Stingers

Discussion in 'Northeast Stinger Forum' started by Luminary, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Anyone out there?

I grew up here in NOVA, and always thought Virginia was considered part of the Northeastern US... :)

2. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

Would be a great way to get a list of people.

Of course I’m a Gainesviller. Been here since ‘92 and terrorizing the streets since ‘00.

Edit: Just checked. We are technically Northeastern (Wikipedia). And if you want to get more technical...we’re Mid-Atlantic. So I think this needs to be moved to Northeast...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  3. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Yup, that is what I always thought as well.

I am south of you, down 29 towards Culpepper, in a little town outside Bealton. Born and raised here, mostly in Fairfax. :)
    Did you happen to re-badge? I am wanting to do it, but an scared to death to try it by myself.

4. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

You're right about Northeast! I get a little silly sometimes. The change has been made. :) :)

5. Bear

Very familiar with Culpeper and Bealton. Best friend and fellow Mustang guy lives in Culpeper and I used to race out in Sumerduck.

No, I won't re-badge. I figure since everyone is re-badging to the "E", I will be unique and be a Kia logo car. I am looking at chipping, exhaust and tinted windows. So just some "minor" modifications...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luminary

I have only been in the area for just under 2 years now, and have not made it out to Sumerduck Dragway. I ran a few times out at MIR's 1/4 mile with my old 79 Camaro in my younger years. Was a ton of fun and even took home a trophy in the street class.

• Like Like x 1
  7. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

Anyone going to the Stinger Driving Experience at FedEx field the weekend after this? My drive time is Sunday at 11.

8. Bear

Hadn't even heard about it...although I have my daily Stinger driving experience...

9. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

Yeah I was really hoping to have mine by now but it's tough finding the exact configuration once you have one in mind. But either way I wouldn't want to thrash my brand new Stinger around an autocross course in the FedEx field parking lot before the break-in period is over. I'd rather do that with one of Kia's :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luminary

Yup, I am all signed up and confirmed. Mine is Sat @ 11AM. So excited!

• Like Like x 1
  11. 17th_Letter

17th_Letter United States Active Member

Hello from Centreville. I was going to do the driving experience but i have stuff with the kids that weekend. You'll have to let me know how it was.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SnazZ

SnazZ United States Active Member

New Stinger owner here, in Loudoun. Bought it last weekend, but it's been at the dealer for the past 2-3 days straight getting a scratch repaired, the lift gate rattle TSB, and some other new (?) TSB for a software update for the transmission shift points.

13. Bear

Welcome! I read your post on Luminary’s page. My wife works in Reston and usually has the Stinger out there Wednesday and Thursday.

14. Sharkeyd

Sharkeyd United States Newish Member

New owner in Manassas. I have yet to see one of my brethren in the wild.

15. SnazZ

SnazZ United States Active Member

Welcome! I've seen two so far..both black. Which trim and color did you get? Did you buy it at Brown's Manassas Kia?

16. Bear

My father lives in Manassas and I go there often and usually with the Stinger. I stay off the main roads and stick to Lomond/Liberia. Look out for me in the red Stinger. I also tried going up to Burger King by the airport on Saturday night, but didn’t see anyone up there.

17. Luminary

If you are talking about Dulles, I work just up and accross 28 from Dulles so you may see me running around. :)

18. 17th_Letter

Lies! I work on McLearen and i have only seen one stinger over here and it wasnt blue.

19. Luminary

Oh but it is true! Were you around when that guy stripped naked and was attacking cars on 28S? I drove by him when he still had his jeans on and no shirt. Walked right up to me in my Optima and touched the hood, and cheered at me. It was nuts! So glad he was not in the "attack" mode when I came by.

20. 17th_Letter

yeah man that guy was nuts. you're lucky you got out of there in time. I will say, he did make my commute home so much nicer. there was no traffic from herndon to centreville that day.

Draft saved Draft deleted