Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

No drone performance exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Supadupad, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Supadupad

Supadupad United States New Member

Hi All,

‘I know there are a ton of threads on here for exhaust, however does anyone have the opinion of the best exhaust with no drone. I would like something louder than stock just without drone.

thanks.

2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

The only exhaust with no or very little drone is the Bi-Modal system that Kia Australia offers as an optional extra.
    From all that I have read most aftermarket systems have varying levels of drone associated with them.

3. StungnTn

StungnTn United States Active Member

I think the best option is the Quicksilver Exhaust.

4. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

From what I’ve read the Magnaflow & MBRP seem to have the least drone. Or adding the DIY drone fix(Kia Stinger Aftermarket Exhaust Information and Discussion) helps eliminate almost all drone even from muffler deletes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vladec

Vladec United States Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Apparently I have a unicorn Borla. There isn’t drone.

I know for a fact that some that have “drone” have clearance/rubbing issues.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. stung cb

stung cb United States Active Member

Hey there. I too am looking for the best way to improve my external exhaust sound without compromising the no drone I experience with the stock exhaust system. I'm not necessarily looking for additional performance. I mainly want something that will give me a deeper more throaty sound without adding any drone, buzzing or any additional vibration at all. Is there such a fix or will I be wasting dollars on something that is just marginally better sounding than the stock exhaust? Thanks much

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Oh dear god.

he’s back.

run everyone. Ruuuuuuuuun

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kato_the_kia_stinger

Kato_the_kia_stinger Stinger Enthusiast

MBRP has drone. But some said it is limited by tips. The GT9 is free drone drone both with the valves opened or closed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stung cb

stung cb United States Active Member

Come on cowboy….remove your 10 gallon hat, throw down your six shooter, be a nice cowpoke and let us smoke the peace pipe.

So moving forward, can you help me with my question?

• Funny Funny x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted