kia stinger store

Bad no brakes over night WTF

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
I *think* if the dealer (service writer) recognizes you know a thing or two about the car, they're less likely to try to pass this kind of shit. Probably wouldn't hurt to pop the hood in the future in front of the service writer and take a pic.

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
^^I've got a great example why you should.

Two years ago I had our big (2 stage 28" wide 300cc engine) ariens snow blower serviced due to leaking augur gear seals. This was a warranty repair. Upon receipt, the unit appeared to run fine and no longer leaked. Great.

Reviewing the paperwork,they indicated 2 units of fluid was used. Each unit IIRC was 8 or 12oz. One unit should be sufficient to fill to proper level. Two?!@# Either they overbilled the company or they really did fill the whole assembly to the top. It bothered me enough to check the level. A bit of a pain as several brackets have to come off to reveal access.

Anyway, the spec calls for the level to be 60 to 70mm from the top of the housing. Where was the level? Right at the top, filled to the brim. Had unit operation continued, surely the seals would blow out in no time.

I called the shop out on this. They said the guy made a mistake... Right. Either carelessness of plain stupidity. Needless to say, the seals are seeping again. I'll top it off for this next winter, but next spring/summer will replace the seals myself.

BENSTUNGBYKIA

Yes when I picked the car up I popped the hood showed the service writer the damage before I left I could not return to the loaner they gave me because it was sold an no loaners were available. The next day the car is at the bodyshop they are paying to repaint both finder bumper and hood and replacing the damaged parts under hood brake fluid got on those paint surfaces and ate through the clear coat. Kia customer service is currently docking the dealership on their point sys their point system where they can lose their franchise if they accumulate enough at these points that's the only repercussions Kia can take against the dealership And I still don't have my car it is still at The Body Shop The Body Shop they said it might take 2 weeks

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Yes when I picked the car up I popped the hood showed the service writer the damage before I left I could not return to the loaner they gave me because it was sold an no loaners were available. The next day the car is at the bodyshop they are paying to repaint both finder bumper and hood and replacing the damaged parts under hood brake fluid got on those paint surfaces and ate through the clear coat. Kia customer service is currently docking the dealership on their point sys their point system where they can lose their franchise if they accumulate enough at these points that's the only repercussions Kia can take against the dealership And I still don't have my car it is still at The Body Shop The Body Shop they said it might take 2 weeks
My god man have you ever been put through the wringer. I truly feel for you and admire your patience. I would have come unglued.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RogueIV

Stinger Enthusiast
Holy crap what a horrible experience you went through. Part swappers are the worst kind of "technician". What the hell were they doing that they got brake fluid all over everything and didn't clean it up immediately??

Was this your tech?

mechanic-hammer.gif