kia stinger store

No Audio from Infotainment?

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
You can leave Beep on. If you have Quantum Logic on and it happens I've found if you turn it off the sound comes back without restarting the car. Also I've had it off for a year now and I've never had this problem since keeping it off.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I have a 2019 GT2 and this problem happened many times since I owned it. One thing weird is that it only affects media sound while navigation sound (car nav or Android auto) is not affected. When this happens there's no media sound at all from any sources (radio, bluetooth, android auto or sound of nature) and in the past restarting the engine always fixed the issue.

Last night I updated my infotainment to v14.5 and this problem happened again, but I'm not able to bring it back on. I'll try turning off the beep today. If my audio is gone permanently might have to visit the dealer again.
As Mr Smoofy says, try turning off the Quantum Logic sound. Worked for me.Don’t think the beep has anything to do with it.

Swap_File

It has now been a little over a month with "beep" off and "Quantum Logic" on, and I have had zero problems. I used to have a problem every week or two.

If you like how Quantum Logic sounds, but don't like how the audio can go away randomly, try tuning off "beep". It's worked for me so far, it might work for you.

I don't consider turning Quantum Logic off (I like how it sounds) or having to reboot the radio weekly a fix. Turning off beep is a band-aid solution too, but it's one I can live with, and now I actually like.

Last edited:

Swap_File

Over the weekend I had the same failure happen again, which means turning beep off is not a fix. But I will say, having beep off did seem to greatly lengthen my time between problems.

After I had the problem, I went into engineering mode and checked the amplifier and head unit logs:

I saw no sign of a problem from the amplifier or head unit logs that matched up to a time I had a problem, but I did see a few seemingly random amplifier reset errors. This lack of logs may explain why it's hard to get the dealership to replace anything.

Note: Engineering mode said I am running Audio/Radio DSP version CKG47.11 / CKU42.A4 and Amp version V02.09 / V03.16. If anyone who has or has not had the problem can report in with their version numbers from engineering mode it might be useful.

From the factory the amp mutes itself for a few seconds when you start the car. As a followup troubleshooting step, I wired a Directed Electronics 528T timer unit in to power cycle the amp every time the car starts. It effectively pulls the amp fuse for a few seconds each time I start the car. This shows up in the engineering mode logs as a reset. I set my timer for a hair longer than the normal startup mute time, just to see if it makes any difference.

I'll check back in in a month or so, or if I encounter the problem again.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Over the weekend I had the same failure happen again, which means turning beep off is not a fix. But I will say, having beep off did seem to greatly lengthen my time between problems.

After I had the problem, I went into engineering mode and checked the amplifier and head unit logs:

I saw no sign of a problem from the amplifier or head unit logs that matched up to a time I had a problem, but I did see a few seemingly random amplifier reset errors. This lack of logs may explain why it's hard to get the dealership to replace anything.

Note: Engineering mode said I am running Audio/Radio DSP version CKG47.11 / CKU42.A4 and Amp version V02.09 / V03.16. If anyone who has or has not had the problem can report in with their version numbers from engineering mode it might be useful.

From the factory the amp mutes itself for a few seconds when you start the car. As a followup troubleshooting step, I wired a Directed Electronics 528T timer unit in to power cycle the amp every time the car starts. It effectively pulls the amp fuse for a few seconds each time I start the car. This shows up in the engineering mode logs as a reset. I set my timer for a hair longer than the normal startup mute time, just to see if it makes any difference.

I'll check back in in a month or so, or if I encounter the problem again.
I have had quantum logic off for well over a year without any further issues.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Turning quantum logic off does solve the total silence problem, but I like how quantum logic sounds, and do not view turning off a feature I paid for (and enjoy) a suitable solution.
Fair call. To be honest, for the very short time I had the quantum logic turned on, I don't think I could tell any difference in the sound. At least it is a simple fix for this problem. Good luck with Kia coming up with a proper solution.