No Audio from Infotainment?

Carmcam

Newish Member
Geelong
Hello all

I have the same issue that relates to the Quantum Surround Logic. I actually managed to get it to fault while at the dealer. I understand that they have passed details to KIA. They tried a couple of things but the fault is still there. They do not have a fix for it yet and it has been about 4 months since they confirmed the issue.

I will keep you posted if I get any updates.

Nasscar

1000 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Hello all

I have the same issue that relates to the Quantum Surround Logic. I actually managed to get it to fault while at the dealer. I understand that they have passed details to KIA. They tried a couple of things but the fault is still there. They do not have a fix for it yet and it has been about 4 months since they confirmed the issue.

I will keep you posted if I get any updates.
Don't hold your breath. :oops:

UWMad

Wisconsin
I had the problem (still do) and took to the dealer. They called me back a day later and said that Kia told him it was the amplifier and they now about it and it needed to be replaced. It took about 1 month to get the amp in. Going in tomorrow to have it replaced.
I'm nervous because I'm not sure where the amp is located and what all has to be removed to replace it? I'll report back after done and if the problem was fixed. I usually had this problem pop up about once a week or so.

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
I had the problem (still do) and took to the dealer. They called me back a day later and said that Kia told him it was the amplifier and they now about it and it needed to be replaced. It took about 1 month to get the amp in. Going in tomorrow to have it replaced.
I'm nervous because I'm not sure where the amp is located and what all has to be removed to replace it? I'll report back after done and if the problem was fixed. I usually had this problem pop up about once a week or so.
Amp is in the hatch passenger side I believe. If that's really the case I wonder if they have a service bulletin now about it

UWMad

Wisconsin
I had the amp replaced as they thought that was the issue. It did not fix the problem.
Great...another wasted trip to the dealer. My local dealer is basically a Ford dealer that added Kia to the same building complex (use the same service area). Every time I go in there...basically nobody even knows what my car is. It's that bad!

UltraCow

Newish Member
This issue is normally because the QuantumLogic DSP (unsure if it's a dedicated module or software that runs within the head-unit OS) effectively goes offline. I've had it happen several times since taking delivery of my 2019 GT1. Disabling the DSP wasn't an acceptable option as this feature is something that is integral to the audio experience for me.

What brought it back every time (eventually) was shutting the car off and within the period of time the car leaves the head-unit powered-on, press and hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds. Let everything sit for another 30 seconds or so after releasing the reset pin, and then turn it to accessory and see if your audio works, with the DSP engaged. This procedure has not always worked the first time, so there may be some refining of process to do still, but in the end and after a few attempts it has always brought the DSP back online.

Last edited:

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
This issue is normally because the QuantumLogic DSP (unsure if it's a dedicated module or software that runs within the head-unit OS) effectively goes offline. I've had it happen several times since taking delivery of my 2019 GT1. Disabling the DSP wasn't an acceptable option as this feature is something that is integral to the audio experience for me.

What brought it back every time (eventually) was shutting the car off and within the period of time the car leaves the head-unit powered-on, press and hold the reset button for 20-30 seconds. Let everything sit for another 30 seconds or so after releasing the reset pin, and then turn it to accessory and see if your audio works, with the DSP engaged. This procedure has not always worked the first time, so there may be some refining of process to do still, but in the end and after a few attempts it has always brought the DSP back online.
Umm that seems complicated, when I have QuantumLogin on all I had to do was turn the car off and back on for the audio to come back.

Swap_File

Umm that seems complicated, when I have QuantumLogic on all I had to do was turn the car off and back on for the audio to come back.
If you have the QuantumLogic stop working you can shut the car off to fix it... but then you have to wait 20 minutes with the car off for the stereo to reset. This doesn't work very well if you are in the middle of a long trip.

If you press the reset button it will immediately fix itself.

The V14 map upgrade is out, I'll be curious to see if it affects the DSP. I know that my friend with an early 2018 stinger on V12 (with no map upgrades) has no QuantumLogic problems.

Alagos

Germany / Hannover
If you have the QuantumLogic stop working you can shut the car off to fix it... but then you have to wait 20 minutes with the car off for the stereo to reset. This doesn't work very well if you are in the middle of a long trip.

If you press the reset button it will immediately fix itself.

The V14 map upgrade is out, I'll be curious to see if it affects the DSP. I know that my friend with an early 2018 stinger on V12 (with no map upgrades) has no QuantumLogic problems.
20 Minutes ? No that’s too much. wait until the small display middle wents out, after some seconds then turn on again

UWMad

Wisconsin
Great...another wasted trip to the dealer. My local dealer is basically a Ford dealer that added Kia to the same building complex (use the same service area). Every time I go in there...basically nobody even knows what my car is. It's that bad!
Update to my Amp replacement...I have not had any issues since having the Amp replaced. Now, I am not driving as much right now, but it has not happened since.

MrSmoofy

Sustaining Member +
Odessa, FL
Update to my Amp replacement...I have not had any issues since having the Amp replaced. Now, I am not driving as much right now, but it has not happened since.
Unless the Quantum Logic technology is in the AMP my guess is give it some time it will happen again.

Swap_File

I'm not sure, but I think the update from here fixed Quantum Logic:

Quantum Logic was certainly broken in CK19.USA.SOP.V115.200324.STD_H (that I recently purchased) but CK.USA.SOP.V115.200401.STD_H that I downloaded seems to be OK (so far).

The only other setting I recently changed was turning off bluetooth prompt muting:
1595793064640.png

Swap_File

Bad news, my Quantum Logic stopped again. I was at home when it happened, and not driving anywhere in a hurry, so I was able to do some troubleshooting.

I left Quantum Logic on with no sound coming out, then I pulled the "amp 2" fuse in the trunk and put it back in. Sound instantly started working again, no dash reboot needed.

This means its definitely something in the amp. I know UWMad mentioned he had is amp replaced and it fixed it, but Carmcam also had the amp replaced and it didn't change anything.

Thinking back, I realized that it only seems to happen when I push button start my car. If I remote start with compustar/drone, I've never have a problem. And I've never had my audio go out while driving, only from a stop.

I'm starting to think it's a problem during start up, It feels like the amp is going into a protection mode (see note from the manual below), or like it doesn't like dirty power while cranking or something, and gives up until rebooted.

Next time I'm going to try separately pulling ACC and IGN1 and see which one fixes it (Both feed into the amp).

1596148161369.png

Attachments

Swap_File

Anyone care to report if you have "Beep" turned off or on and if you are having issues with Quantum Logic?

My friend with a 2018 GT2 has beeps turned off and has never had a problem. I had beep on with my 2019 GT2 and had the problem.

When I have the problem all I can hear are beeps. I'm going to try turning beeps off and see what happens. It really feels like there is some kind of race condition during startup, like the radio can start before the amp is ready or something, but it's difficult to pinpoint with the limited dealer service manuals.

1596202516844.png

Like I said above, next time it happens I'll do further probing of IGN1 and ACC fuses. Would prefer to not probe the amp itself, since then I'd have to leave my trunk taken apart for weeks waiting for it to happen. Worst case I might use a fuse extension cable to install a 5 second "pulse off" relay to the amp fuse triggered via the IGN1 fuse to power cycle the amp on car start and see what happens, that would at least be plug and play. The amp already "soft" shuts off during engine cranking, its just like it's not coming back correctly.