New to the Stinger, Just picked up a GT Indigo Edition

RogueIV

Hi everyone! I just picked up a Indigo Edition Stinger GT after much deliberation to replace my aging 2010 WRX.

Never thought I'd ever consider anything made by Kia but I guess that's a testament of how much they have improved over the past 20 years.

Anyway it's late, I'll try to post some pics of my new car tomorrow.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW

CeramicGT001

Maryland

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Hi everyone! I just picked up a Indigo Edition Stinger GT after much deliberation to replace my aging 2010 WRX.

Never thought I'd ever consider anything made by Kia but I guess that's a testament of how much they have improved over the past 20 years.

Anyway it's late, I'll try to post some pics of my new car tomorrow.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your Stinger GT! :) I'm glad you found us...

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Beautiful! The color; not your parking acumen; you must do better. Hah. :p And pick end stalls, far away from where others park. You'll thank yourself sooner rather than later.

RogueIV

Beautiful! The color; not your parking acumen; you must do better. Hah. :p And pick end stalls, far away from where others park. You'll thank yourself sooner rather than later.
This was end of day when I was returning my id card ( customer has a rather large campus) no one was parked in the lot till right after I parked of course. I do try to park far away from people. I managed to make it 10 years with my WRX without it getting door dings. :p

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I see my comment above has caused a negative reaction. I never meant to offend!
Gee Seventy and I are fans of the KIA badge. Wear it proudly. No offense taken, trust me. :D (that said, I have to admit that for nearly two years I have had my KIA badges covered by "K" skins; not because I don't like the KIA badge, but because it is fun to mess with people who can't figure out who makes this amazingly attractive car; I'll pull the "K" skins when I'm tired of the fun, or when they start to look tatty)

Hilleagle

Gee Seventy and I are fans of the KIA badge. Wear it proudly. No offense taken, trust me. :D (that said, I have to admit that for nearly two years I have had my KIA badges covered by "K" skins; not because I don't like the KIA badge, but because it is fun to mess with people who can't figure out who makes this amazingly attractive car; I'll pull the "K" skins when I'm tired of the fun, or when they start to look tatty)
No Worries. I have swapped my badges out for 'E's. Even with the Kia Badges on, people weren't sure what it was and now, they have no idea.

I am not ashamed to drive a Kia, I am proud to drive a Stinger, but I do think that the 'standard' Kia oval could have been done better. I have the 2nd gen 'E' in dark chrome and it looks 110% better than original.

Each to their own!

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I do think that the 'standard' Kia oval could have been done better.
The oval is a nod to Kia and Ford Motor Company's long ago association building vehicles in S. Korea; this got Kia as a car manufacturer started. Liking or disliking is all subjective anyway. I don't, for instance, think that the new "KIA" logo is any improvement over the current KIA badge; it looks like a "KN".