2.0T New tires

NickUK

Hi there,

Looking to get some new tires for my Stinger but not sure what tire would be best. I am looking for summer tires and want tires that can get the best from my 2.0. I didn't want to buy tires that are overkill and more suited for the 3.3 stinger. I've never had a car with anything more than a 1.4 engine so never needed to consider buying decent tires before. Any help would be most appreciated!

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
Hi there,

Looking to get some new tires for my Stinger but not sure what tire would be best. I am looking for summer tires and want tires that can get the best from my 2.0. I didn't want to buy tires that are overkill and more suited for the 3.3 stinger. I've never had a car with anything more than a 1.4 engine so never needed to consider buying decent tires before. Any help would be most appreciated!
What tyres came with the car? Continental or Pilot Sport 4? Both are good and the general concensus around here is the Michelins just shade them the Contis. Therefore the Michelins must be good as my Contintals have been great.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Hi.

I will likely try Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, because supposedly they wear at least as well as the PS4(S) and give virtually equal cornering performance, and are c. half the price. "I gots to know!?" I'm on my second set of Michelins; PS4S this time. I wasn't ready to make the experiment. Somewhere I've read more than once that the Firehawk Indy 500 is just a rebadged Bridgestone. Btw, tires are for the car, not the engine. If they work with the 3.3L they'll more than work with the 2.0L :thumbup: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...E&frontTire=24WR9FHI5XL&rearTire=535WR9FHI5XL

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas
Hi.

I will likely try Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, because supposedly they wear at least as well as the PS4(S) and give virtually equal cornering performance, and are c. half the price. "I gots to know!?" I'm on my second set of Michelins; PS4S this time. I wasn't ready to make the experiment. Somewhere I've read more than once that the Firehawk Indy 500 is just a rebadged Bridgestone. Btw, tires are for the car, not the engine. If they work with the 3.3L they'll more than work with the 2.0L :thumbup: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?message=singleSize&tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&frontWidth=225/&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=19&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&autoMake=Kia&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Stinger+GT+AWD&autoModClar=&minLoadRating=XL&minSpeedRating=H&cameFrom=selectOE&frontTire=24WR9FHI5XL&rearTire=535WR9FHI5XL

I used to work in the fire business. These are good tires. The main thing I always saw with Michelins was quality related, as they wear they don't turn into rough noise pos tires. Cheap tire brands tend to deteriorate and get rough and loud as they wear, at least compared to Michelins. You get what you pay for.

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA

itguy61

Stinger Enthusiast
Fort Worth , Texas

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Cheap tire brands tend to deteriorate and get rough and loud as they wear, at least compared to Michelins. You get what you pay for.
That's exactly what my tire and wheel guys told me, when I asked them the difference between the Firehawk Indy 500 and the PS4S.

NickUK

Thank you, chaps. I will probably go for the Michelin PS tyres

TwiceStung

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
Hi.

I will likely try Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, because supposedly they wear at least as well as the PS4(S) and give virtually equal cornering performance, and are c. half the price. "I gots to know!?" I'm on my second set of Michelins; PS4S this time. I wasn't ready to make the experiment. Somewhere I've read more than once that the Firehawk Indy 500 is just a rebadged Bridgestone. Btw, tires are for the car, not the engine. If they work with the 3.3L they'll more than work with the 2.0L :thumbup: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?message=singleSize&tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&frontWidth=225/&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=19&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&autoMake=Kia&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Stinger+GT+AWD&autoModClar=&minLoadRating=XL&minSpeedRating=H&cameFrom=selectOE&frontTire=24WR9FHI5XL&rearTire=535WR9FHI5XL
If re-badged Bridgestones, the Bridgestones that came on my 2.0 are crap as soon as the road gets wet. But if the Firehawks have a much different tread pattern they may be worth a try. I’m on my “winter” set now for another 6 weeks or so anyway and the Bridgestones consequently are getting an extended lifetime......time, not wear.