Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

New Stinger, who dis

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Ry Oust, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Ry Oust

Ry Oust New Zealand Newish Member

CEC437BA-D1CB-4C5C-9FF1-EBA144E84A56.jpeg I picked up my brand new 2019 GT Sport a couple of days ago, I absolutely love it.

My previous was a supercharged manual 2015 HSV GTS putting out a little over 600hp so I had real mixed feelings about if anything would live up to the beast.. and to be honest nothing does, but the Stinger does a pretty good job trying.

Love the forum, I’ve been lurking for a bit while my Stinger has been shipped to Auckland.

Cheers guys

Ry

• Like Like x 6
  2. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Congratulations Ry I'm sure you will enjoy Stinger.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Welcome on joining our stingerforum, looking awesome with blacked out factory wheels, moving into a Stinger from your previous 2015 HSV GTS with over 600hp, shows it's not only about brutal horsepower, but other factors which made you decide to purchase your Stinger.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Congrats on your Beauty. I'm considering blacking out my factory wheels too as I like the design and think black would look good with my Blue Baby.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Just curious - why moving to the Stinger to soon? 2015 seems like it would have had a lot of life left in it? I came a 2005 Legacy GT that was getting on, but even then, a mechanic down the street bought it to fix it up..

6. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Excellent question.

That is a monster car to be shifting away from.

You should have rung me. I’d have swapped you my Stinger for that bad boy. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Welcome aboard and congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ry Oust

It absolutely does! And will do for the next owner.
    But I do a lot of miles, and the beast not only costs a tonne in gas but it’s now done 85,000kms and services & consumable parts (rotors, pads, tyres etc.) are super expensive when you have to buy genuine HSV parts.
    Couple that with starting a family and something a little less spendy is required.

I started looking around for something different because Aus and NZ aren’t making the big V8s anymore, they have shut down the local Holden plants and subsequently scaled down the offerings. A Kia would have never been a choice until the Stinger, and I credit this forum with helping cement my choice.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ry Oust

Do it, if you’re already thinking about it and you like the look of the stock wheels you won’t regret it!

I asked the dealer to sort it before I picked the car up, and I’m so stoked I did. The stock 19’s are cool wheels and they come with decent rubber. The black wheels just accent the paint a lot better than silver wheels IMHO.

I think I’ll drive on these until the tyres wear out, then figure out if I keep these wheels or go aftermarket.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Welcome!

11. Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store United States Member Authorized Vendor

12. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Ok, makes total sense. I drive around 10,000 km a year these days.. (had one year of ~50K many moons ago).. I'll age out of my warranty before I reach 100k miles..

13. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

That is exactly how I and a stack of other Aussies ended up here. We all came from V8’s and would probably still be driving one if Holden were still making them. Still, the Stinger with all its low end torque, is a more than adequate replacement. I’ll bet you’re missing your HSV exhaust already though aren’t you?

• Like Like x 1
  14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

OP: Nice instant mod, blacking out the rims. I didn't do that till my car was. c. ten months old: because I got tired of fixing rash and knew that black touchup paint (even a Sharpie) would be super easy by comparison. Then I liked the look so well that I bought some black "summer" rims too - which I will keep on till the snow flies. :D

15. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Active Member

Welcome. The black wheels go well with the colour.

16. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Gorgeous keep it clean! Congrats awesome color choice.

17. Ry Oust

Oh man.. The Stock Stinger is so quiet.. I have a vid of the HSV starting up I took to list the car online, such an amazing aggressive sound! Nothing beats that V8 note but V6 ain't bad!

Thanks Daniel, my comment above makes me want an aftermarket exhaust for the Stinger really badly.. Shipping for stuff to NZ is so expensive though, I'll have to explore local options I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store United States Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted