Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

New Stinger GT: I pick it up tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by Kilderkin, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Kilderkin

Kilderkin Australia New Member

I ordered it 2 weeks ago, I had to wait while they found the colour I wanted & then they had to fit the Bi-modal exhaust. The first car that I have purchased in 51 years that isn't a V8. I traded an SRT8 for this car it had better be worth it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Tinter

Tinter Australia Newish Member

I get mine tomorrow as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost United States Newish Member

You'll love it. I bought a GT1 on Sunday. I had an Infiniti G35 coupe so my standards are not low. This car is awesome. I don't think the sound will compare to the SRT8, but I am sure your neighbors will be happy

4. Congrats on your new Stinger.

Seems that if I end up getting mine then it will be delivered to me here in Alice Springs rather than me having to go and collect it from wherever the leasing company buys it from. I guess it will take a month or two to get what we want so doubt we will have it before we go on holiday in 3 weeks time.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Mate upload some pics! Congrats for your soon to be.

6. Joeygt

Joeygt Australia Newish Member

Congrats!.............. You won't be disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Welcome. I see a few new deliveries in AUS this week.

8. I thought the Bi-modal exhaust came standard on the 2019 GT?

9. ShannonC

No, it's an after market product manufactured in Hallam, Victoria, and marketed by Kia.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well bugger me! I will have to get the leasing company onto it in that case. Thanks for the heads up.

11. ShannonC

It's Dealer fitted at $2660 rrp but a few members on East coast have got amazing deals with it included. I love the sound of mine.

12. Well I have the price down to below 59K at the moment so maybe the leasing company can get a better price on the bi-modal.

13. ShannonC

That's a really good price but keep negotiating as i don't think a lot have been sold in NT/SA.

14. There are actually 3 here in Alice, a yellow one that had to go to Adelaide to be repainted all done at KIA's expense. I was told it was taken back to bare metal before being repainted at a cost of $19K. KIA also trucked up a loan Stinger for the owner to use whilst theirs was being painted. They trucked it up from Melbourne and it was the one we test drove last week.

15. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Except the 8 to the NT Highway Patrol :D

16. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Congrats to both of you on your new Stingers. What part of Aus are you both from? What colours did you get? Can you both stick your general location or State in your profile. It helps when some of the guys on here organise meets/drives.

17. RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF United States Active Member

I chose my GT2 over a Challenger Scat Pack Widebody. No regrets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Welcome and congrats

19. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Hi. A lot of Oz activity especially lately. :D I don't think that the V6 is going to disappoint.

20. Tinter

Tinter Australia Newish Member

I’m Rob owner of Car Tint based in Ringwood, Melbourne and I wanted a Kia Stinger in red to emphasise my window tinting business so it was going to be either white or red.
    Having had white (car sold to make way) if I went for the same colour again, it wouldn’t look that hugely different so all the Kia promotional material is on red and the colour is simply stunning in the sun and couldn’t be happier.

• Like Like x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted