Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

New Stinger commercial - SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Waynerm002, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Found this one which is pretty nice. It's the full video for the SuperBowl teaser we saw earlier this week. Got one going in reverse and one normal.:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ralzod

I didn't like the reverse video (which I watched first), but the forward one was good. Odd that they seemed to highlight the reverse camera...basically a standard/mandatory feature...coming from the company that omitted the 360 cameras.

4. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yes, the regular one was great. The reverse video is counter-productive so I hope they don't run that one for the public without at least the regular one first. Wouldn't make any sense.

5. Waynerm002

I changed the order of the videos.

6. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

It's nice but it just left me feeling that the Motley Crue Optima SXL commercial from 2012's Superbowl was a hell of a lot more entertaining, both funny and exciting. That guitar slide with the close-up of the burnout (lol FWD burnouts) was fun. I of course picked up a blue SX a few months later because it was the perfect car for me at the time, not due to advertising during a sports game, but ads are influential and important for public image. This ad wouldn't get me to buy the Stinger, but it would make me think that maybe Kia is making cars targeted at old dudes looking for something both refined and exciting, which I guess is a lot better than making cars for youthful hamsters? I'm confident if Kia can keep making good cars and good advertisements they'll eventually shed the image of their 90's junkboxes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ralzod

I wasn't criticizing your post...but the re-ordering probably is a good idea. I was a little baffled at first, without the context of the forward version. o_O

8. mikeceli

mikeceli United States Member

Why spend millions to advertise a car, who's present demand, exceeds supply? run it in 6 months, when they need to generate sales.

GREAT COMMERCIAL, THOUGH! Thanks for posting.

9. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

Because it's the newest, hottest thing and you want to impress people with your brand to get them in showrooms. The Stinger is such a low-production vehicle I can't imagine it's making any real money for Kia in the first place. Make some flagship cars to get people to realize Kia is making good stuff now, then get them into the showrooms and sell them the Sorentos and Optimas that most people actually buy. You don't want to pay Superbowl advertising bucks just to show off the Soul again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mikeceli

Good points, Dave.

11. mikeceli

I don't think Stinger will be low production for long. I think Kia will ramp up production.

12. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

You also don't want to miss the Super Bowl if you want attention on a product. I bet traffic here will increase quite a bit as people go searching about the Stinger after the game...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ralzod

People also don't necessarily buy a car as soon as they learn about it. They think to themselves, "I'll have to check that out when I'm car shopping in the next XX months."

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

I can dig it.

15. jwhollan

jwhollan United States Active Member

Time to start slapping some ads in the side banners! :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ralzod

Here's the official marketing link from KMA (Kia Motors America)...

The reverse version is a silly hidden message thing, like some bands used to do with LPs back in the day. I believe the message is at this mark (don't hover or click if you don't want a spoiler), but I could only understand the first part of the statement.

17. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

"If you don't wanna get stung, better be a Stinger."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Waynerm002

You got it!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ralzod

I don't know...kind of doesn't make sense. :confused:

20. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

So you're saying it's consistent with a lot of other Stinger marketing? :laugh:

• Winner Winner x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted