kia stinger store

New Red interior?

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
Wife and I were looking at the 2021 Stingers yesterday, and the GT2 we looked at yesterday had the red interior. This seemed to me to be a darker red (more like a red wine) than the current (orangey) red. it was tough to tell it was even red in the shade of the dealership. Even the new salesman commented on the 'new' color.

Has anyone else noticed it? Maybe it is posted pictures that seem off, and this car is the same as all the years.

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
Well, that is good to know. I havent been looking at cars with the red interior because of the photos. Glad i saw it in person and will take one if I can find the one I want. Just have to wait a couple weeks for more cars to be brought in. The recent ones coming in all seem to be AWD, or 2.0.

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
Definitely looks darker (and better) in person.

Aarvix

North TX
When I was shopping in 2019, the nappa leather (GT2) was much darker than the non-nappa leather (GT).

Not sure if this is a trend or just a difference between the two cars I looked at.

CeramicGT001

Maryland
I don’t think they changed the red at all for 21 models, the difference is probably just between the lighter regular vs darker nappa leather coloring. Here’s the regular red with conditioner applied to half and the other half without any (its been awhile, oops) 42ADB48F-9003-4D23-A62A-DD3D489CCEA4.jpeg

Last edited:

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC
I don’t think they changed the red at all, the difference is probably just between the regular vs nappa leather coloring. With some conditioner I think the regular red looks pretty sweet.
Ceramic Silver / Red is my favorite color combination ... which is why I bought it.

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
An interior shop wont do it? Or are you looking at exchanging with somebody that wants you black leather?

I see Katzkin makes replacement leather seat covers for Stingers, anywhere between $1895 and $2195, depending on the design. And that is an installed price at an authorized dealer. I have never used them, so I cant vouch for them

Last edited:

Murderface.Morgan

An interior shop wont do it? Or are you looking at exchanging with somebody that wants you black leather?

I see Katzkin makes replacement leather seat covers for Stingers, anywhere between $1895 and $2195, depending on the design. And that is an installed price at an authorized dealer. I have never used them, so I cant vouch for them
I actually contacted them recently but they were saying they couldn't do my seats etc. so not sure anymore lol Do you mind sharing a link to where you saw the seat covers for the stinger on their site?

JohnH

I don’t think they changed the red at all for 21 models, the difference is probably just between the lighter regular vs darker nappa leather coloring. Here’s the regular red with conditioner applied to half and the other half without any (its been awhile, oops) View attachment 50638
the red interior looks amazing. never had red leather seats before. it stands out — bold and refined