Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

New Mustang , 330 HP and 350 lb of Torque from a 4 Banger

Discussion in 'Community Lounge' started by westcoastGT, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

1. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States 1000 Posts Club!

Thats pretty impressive!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stephen Brubaker

Stephen Brubaker United States Member

I hope Ford has fixed their head gasket problem that they have had with this 2.3 liter engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ucinn

Ucinn United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

The ecoboost mustang had 310 last few years, so it's not that much of an improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mandasol

mandasol United States Active Member

That's the peak hp rating, supposedly sees big improvements throughout the band and into the higher rpms where previous ecoboosts sputtered out at around 4500. They claim 0-60 will improve from low 5's to mid 4's while fuel economy stays the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Stinger Enthusiast

On a 0-60, this thing will run neck-n-neck with a Stinger GT.....From a 4 cylinder

6. Guardstang

Guardstang United States Newish Member

I traded a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang for my Stinger and I never had a problem in 3 years. In fact I never met anyone that had an issue with the 2.3. It was only on on-line forums that I heard of problems, and many of those were heavily modified. I have talked 5.0 owners who have a ticking sound that Ford claims is normal.

7. Regs120

Regs120 United States Member

With RWD I wonder if that is very realistic. However the amount of power you get from a 2.3 Ecoboost with 25-26 MPG is amazing. On a Ford Performance Tune, I got 25 MPG compared to my stinger that gets 19-21MPG.

So you figure with the wheels, suspension, stiffer chassis, tune, cylinder heads, head gasket,upgraded turbo, and block you are pretty much buying a rwd Focus RS for 35-36k+. The price is going to be really high for a RWD 4 banger. I would had not traded up for it and still happy I got the 4-door stinger with tunes coming out getting it easily to 400whp.

Peak is really just a part of the equation. The sustained power underneath that peak is the real secret in making a fast car. The Stinger Torque curve is pretty linear, but if you look at a 4-banger they rise up like a mountain peak on a graph then fall off a cliff.

Draft saved Draft deleted