kia stinger store

New Kia K8 exterior revealed...with the new logo

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Not the grille! Ghastly overkill grille!

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA
Not the grille! Ghastly overkill grille!

I have to agree, it is so overpowering and takes away from the rest. Beautiful otherwise. Love the body lines.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
It looks pretty sharp and aggressive! Very attractive grille! :D

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
They're starting to mess too much with the tiger nose grill, which in my opinion was the strongest asset of Kia's design language. It should've been closer to the K5 grill, this grill has too much going on and with all those matching strange grill designs on the front bumper it just looks weird, and not in a good way.

What I find really funny is how electric cars are phasing out grills in exchange for better aerodynamics while petrol engine car designers seem obsessed with making grills bigger and bigger, stop the insanity.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
They're starting to mess too much with the tiger nose grill, which in my opinion was the strongest asset of Kia's design language. It should've been closer to the K5 grill, this grill has too much going on and with all those matching strange grill designs on the front bumper it just looks weird, and not in a good way.

What I find really funny is how electric cars are phasing out grills in exchange for better aerodynamics while petrol engine car designers seem obsessed with making grills bigger and bigger, stop the insanity.
^ 100%

jazzdabb

Raleigh NC

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Front end is just too busy, the whole thing not just the grille. Otherwise looks fine.

Jayphil

There is a lot of Audi A5 / A7 inspiration in the car exterior wise.

Overall a good looking car but a bit overdone in the front bumper details

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
Still better than the new BMWs.
You mean the new 3-series and 4-series? The others are still keeping their original(ish) design...

Jayphil

Seems like KIA made a bad move for the performant variant engine choice.

They went with small turbo engine and small turbo engine with hybrid which is fine. The problem is the "powerfull" variant they decided to use the NA 3.5L like in the Carnival which output 300hp instead of using the 2.5T which output the same but with greater torque.

NA V6 are great and smooth but all the competition is moving away from NA to improve fuel economy.

Good news is that there will be an AWD variant with the 3.5L but to me it should have been 2.5T AWD like the base Stinger.

WRXtoStingerGT

Yonkers NY
Seems like KIA made a bad move for the performant variant engine choice.

They went with small turbo engine and small turbo engine with hybrid which is fine. The problem is the "powerfull" variant they decided to use the NA 3.5L like in the Carnival which output 300hp instead of using the 2.5T which output the same but with greater torque.

NA V6 are great and smooth but all the competition is moving away from NA to improve fuel economy.

Good news is that there will be an AWD variant with the 3.5L but to me it should have been 2.5T AWD like the base Stinger.
Perhaps Kia is going this route for better reliability and longevity for their vehicles?

YEH

^ This, along with...

The K8 is a luxo-cruiser, so minimizing NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) is of import, plus customers (Korean) of such vehicles prefer a 6 cyl.

For those who want better fuel economy, there's the hybrid; speaking of which, think models like this (and higher up) are deserving of a hybrid powertrain with the 2.5T.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
Maybe its just me, but its such a boring looking car. :/ Reminds me of the newer Sonatas

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
It looks like they are taking a page out of Hyundai's design book for their vehicles. Front looks like the current Grandeur/Azera and the rear design is similar to the new Elantra. In Korea and other countries, these are used as luxury cars or for limo service. I see a lot of them at the airport in Korea. I read the Grandeur was outselling it since the redesign, KIA is probably hoping to recoup some of the sales with this look.