Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

NEW Ebay Led Fog lights thoughts?..

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Jays_stinger, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Jays_stinger

Jays_stinger United States Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

Nice find, and from our good friend RPMTrade. I like it and would totally get it.

3. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

I have them installed on my Stinger. Will be posting a "How to" today. One thing I can tell you is these could hardly be classified as fog lights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Most OEM fogs are really glorified DRLs these days anyway.

Do these match the OEM DRLs? The pictures on eBay make it look like they don’t match very well.

5. Jays_stinger

Jays_stinger United States Member

Would you be able to provide some night time footage?

6. 4wheelpilot

4wheelpilot United States Active Member

Good point.
    Doesn’t look like the front end has a location that would be correct for true fog lights, which I would want.
    These appear more like drls.
    Wouldn’t mind driving lights...Do these project far enough ahead to be legit driving lights?

7. robz32

Agree to some extent. The fog lights on my M37 were really good, and once I changed the bulbs to HIDs, they were great. Granted I needed to realign them
    The color tone of these aftermarket DRLs have slightly more blue on them than the factory ones, however it is a pretty darn good match. Factory DRLs are still brighter though.

Don't have footage as of now. I do have some night time photos. As a matter of fact the photos you see on the ebay listing are from my car.

Agreed. If they were brighter these could definitely be more DRLs than anything else. The location chosen is a good one and fog light could be created to be located there, but it will need tons of shields and a good light diffuser in order to light up the road ahead.

8. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

Had a feeling that was your car as soon as you said you already installed these. Hey, as long as they look good, functionality comes secondary. Seeing that there’s amber light means these act as turn signals too. But I guess you could disable that feature by not wiring the turn signal.

Here’s hoping the installation isn’t too complex.

9. robz32

It is a switch back DRL. But the turn signal amber really gets lost during day light.

10. K8 Stinger Store

K8 Stinger Store United States Member Authorized Vendor

Glad to see the finally got it completed. We will have this available on our site shortly, with discounted pricing for forum members. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. robz32

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted