New canned tune option from BTR

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
....you go first .......................:whistle::whistle::p

cornpop1

Socal
What happens when you do an ECU tune like this and put on piggyback after like the JB4?

DaBears4Lyfe

1000 Posts Club!
Chicagoland

StungBlueGT2

Sustaining Member
PB Florida, U.S.A.
Alphaspeed Canned Tune ECU Service Kia Stinger 3.3TT / Genesis G70 3.3TT / Genesis G80 3.3TT

Looks like a conservative tune (408 HP, with intake and catback). According to the description it makes the exhaust pop and shoots flames....:cautious:
Yeah 408whp is actually disappointing, especially with intake and exhaust. Kagantuned is making more whp already with absolutely no mods at all, and he expects 440-450whp with only intakes.

Also the fact that they are asking for $1800 for their tune is insane and double what Kagantuned is suggesting. That’s as much as a lap3 and JB4 combined but makes less power than either one.:rolleyes:

DaBears4Lyfe

1000 Posts Club!
Chicagoland
Yeah 408whp is actually disappointing, especially with intake and exhaust. Kagantuned is making more whp already with absolutely no mods at all, and he expects 440-450whp with only intakes.

Also the fact that they are asking for $1800 for their tune is insane and double what Kagantuned is suggesting. That’s as much as a lap3 and JB4 combined but makes less power than either one.:rolleyes:
The tune is $600 lol

StungBlueGT2

Sustaining Member
PB Florida, U.S.A.
I just looked and it said $600
View attachment 34396
Yeah that’s only if you send your original ECU in to be cracked and don’t care about losing your warranty. If you have any engine or drivetrain issues Kia will easily be able to see your ECU is modified and most definitely deny any warranty claims.

Most people don’t want that issue and would have to spend $1800 for a cloned ECU & tune.

Terry@BMS

Authorized Vendor
Yeah that’s only if you send your original ECU in to be cracked and don’t care about losing your warranty. If you have any engine or drivetrain issues Kia will easily be able to see your ECU is modified and most definitely deny any warranty claims.

Most people don’t want that issue and would have to spend $1800 for a cloned ECU & tune.
Why though? Kia can just see the higher toque values in the trans and stability control modules through their OBDII scan if they want to check.

DaBears4Lyfe

1000 Posts Club!
Chicagoland

It's on the same calibrations as the stock evu so again they have to be looking for it. Any tuning solution they can find if they really want to look for it.

DaBears4Lyfe

1000 Posts Club!
Chicagoland
@DaBears4Lyfe any videos of your car with the Tune. Would like to hear the pops and crackles.
Big stage 2 is happening on the 6th. I wanted two weeks to dial in a jb4 map with terry to stack with for everyone.

Stage 2 will be intake, catless exhaust, fmic, e30, meth ... the f*cking works lol. We are going to throw it all at her.

Thorne

I'm really concerned about lean that car is @ peak tq. That is dangerously lean, I wouldn't run a NA car that lean @ WOT... You litterally asking for a parts failure.

UPDATE:
I talked to Jesse he assures me that its not really that lean, Though I would argue he should be richer down around 250wtq or 2200 rpm (Assuming there is a delay in the sniffer reading though in my experiance on the rollers the delay is normally 500-750rpm or so.)

That being said I think they should do some better pulls because that dyno graph tells a story that ends in a Built block...

In case you think I don't know what I'm talking about...
Links: Air-Fuel Ratio Meter Tuning- Car Craft Magazine

Last edited:

falanger

USA
BTR posted a tune progress update earlier; 469/484 for FBO and E30.....

Screenshot_20200114-133054.png