kia stinger store

New boi

spagett

Newish Member
Hey everyone, my name is Greg and I just picked up a cpo GT2 in hi chroma red!

Stoked about owning this car and being part of this community. Have already done a few small cosmetic mods, and new wheels are ok the way. Also looking into a new intake, exhaust and oil catch catch can set up.

So my first question: the service advisor at my local Kia dealership assured me those performance mods would not void my warranty. Does anyone else have a similar experience in that regard? Any advice on how to protect myself and my warranty?

Attached a pic of the wheels I should have on this coming week.

Variant Xenon brushed bronze
19x8.5/19x10

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

Attachments

• variant-xenon-bronze-concave-wheels.jpg
    variant-xenon-bronze-concave-wheels.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 7

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Hey everyone, my name is Greg and I just picked up a cpo GT2 in hi chroma red!

Stoked about owning this car and being part of this community. Have already done a few small cosmetic mods, and new wheels are ok the way. Also looking into a new intake, exhaust and oil catch catch can set up.

So my first question: the service advisor at my local Kia dealership assured me those performance mods would not void my warranty. Does anyone else have a similar experience in that regard? Any advice on how to protect myself and my warranty?

Attached a pic of the wheels I should have on this coming week.

Variant Xenon brushed bronze
19x8.5/19x10

Thanks for reading, have a great day!
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Stinger GT! What did the Stinger replace for you? I'm glad you found us. :)

spagett

Newish Member
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Stinger GT! What did the Stinger replace for you? I'm glad you found us. :)
Thank you so much. I owned a Mark VI GTI for 5 years before I bought my last car, a BMW X1. I missed having something fun to drive, so I test drove a Stinger GT2 and fell in love!

ChaneRZ

Welcome

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Howdy. The Stinger signature color. :thumbup: Nice wheels, That color will give the HCR a retro "Ferrari look". :D

Blueangel

Congrats and welcome

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Howdy. The Stinger signature color. :thumbup: Nice wheels, That color will give the HCR a retro "Ferrari look". :D
........................but your're not a "car guy" hahahahahaha . Merlin you're getting into the deep end Bawaaaaaaaa

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
........................but your're not a "car guy" hahahahahaha . Merlin you're getting into the deep end Bawaaaaaaaa
I'm noticeably less not a car guy than I was three years ago. But I've "always" known about goldish colored wheels on Ferraris, since even a kid can enjoy race cars. :D
Ferrari 312 -Bandini-Monte Carlo [1967].jpg

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
It's really hard to say if the mods will void your warranty. Some dealers are good and some are bad.

Depends on your location and experience with your local dealers.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
It's really hard to say if the mods will void your warranty. Some dealers are good and some are bad.

Yup, anything out of the ordinary opens the door for them to attempt a warranty claim denial should you ever need one. You would likely 'win' any claim dispute but could have an idle Stinger for weeks or months while you battle it out.

spagett

Newish Member

I guess it's worth something of the service guy told me it's fine.
Welcome to the forum and congrats and great colour choice. Nice wheels.
Thanks can't wait to strap them on
Yup, anything out of the ordinary opens the door for them to attempt a warranty claim denial should you ever need one. You would likely 'win' any claim dispute but could have an idle Stinger for weeks or months while you battle it out.
Yea I would have paid a little extra to have them to the install if it meant a guarantee on the warranty. Unfortunately they don't do those kinda installs

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Yea I would have paid a little extra to have them to the install if it meant a guarantee on the warranty. Unfortunately they don't do those kinda installs
Most dealers won't, because Kia won't extend the warranty to aftermarket parts unless it's a solution Kia is specifically selling/tested.

The only way to 'protect yourself' with any warranty claim is to remove the parts before taking it in, or not installing them in the first place. Anything short of that is a roll of the dice.

Will I Am

Central Virginia
Welcome!

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Hey spagett,

Congrats on your new GT2 and welcome to the Stinger Forum.

I love the wheels that you picked out for your new ride, they are going to look great!

As far as the performance mods you are looking into, we have some great options available for you at the K8 Stinger Store.

I would suggest going with an Injen Intake, Add W1 Catch Can, and Ark Grip Catback Exhaust.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, need suggestions, or if you would like a discount on your order.

Cheers,
Daniel @ the K8 Stinger Store