Negotiating '19 Premium AWD

stasek

Chicagoland
First post.... most likely not last :).

Looking to purchase a Stinger - would love the TTV6, but the "lowly" 2.0 might have to do.
Sent an inquiry (Chicagoland area) on a Premium AWD, and after few back and forth emails, here's where I'm at (plan on doing lease-to-buy):

MSRP: 42,950
Selling Price: $37,500

Rebate: $10,500.
Typical fees (Acq/Cap): $990
License/Reg/Title/Doc/etc: $301
Total Tax: $1766.

Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,488.

By rough calculations, after buyout and TTL, I would be right around $31K.

Yay or nay? Any more meat on that bone? Car supposedly has 6 miles on the odo, but I have to confirm.

G

G-996027

Bought my 2019 GT AWD back in November for $33,100 after TTF (lease buyout). I would keep looking.
Did yours come with any options and what was your MSRP? The base GT and Premium have basically the same MSRP...

namja

Seattle, WA
I'm a bit hungover but my math shows $30,057 by rolling up the fees TTL and tax (on rebate).

But @Keanu , isn't MSRP for GT base nearly the same as Premium AWD? What was your MSRP?

I wonder if you're opting for a 2.0, you could wait or go for the 2020 GT-Line.

namja

Seattle, WA
Yeah so it almost seems not worth to get Premium over GT base. GT-line in 2020 is supposedly a better deal since MSRP is way lower.

stasek

Chicagoland
@namja - the numbers get skewed since the lease quote inludes $1K down payment....
The simple way I look at this is: $27K cost after rebate + ~$2700 tax (rough estimate - people's republic of Illinois & suburban C(r)ook County) + $1300 ACQ/Title/Doc/License. Add another $1K for rent charge, buyout fee, etc.... So probably closer to $32K.

@Keanu - so the cars have virtually same MSRP.

Frankly, I wish there was a happy medium between the Premium and GT. Give me the V6 and skip the sunroof and some of the driving assists. Oh, and let me keep the bigger infotainment screen and cooled seats.

bales810

Newish Member
Yeah so it almost seems not worth to get Premium over GT base. GT-line in 2020 is supposedly a better deal since MSRP is way lower.
Big option you lose with GTline over the premium is the Lane Keep and Smart Cruise fyi.

Last edited:

bales810

Newish Member
First post.... most likely not last :).

Looking to purchase a Stinger - would love the TTV6, but the "lowly" 2.0 might have to do.
Sent an inquiry (Chicagoland area) on a Premium AWD, and after few back and forth emails, here's where I'm at (plan on doing lease-to-buy):

MSRP: 42,950
Selling Price: $37,500

Rebate: $10,500.
Typical fees (Acq/Cap): $990
License/Reg/Title/Doc/etc: $301
Total Tax: $1766.

Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,488.

By rough calculations, after buyout and TTL, I would be right around $31K.

Yay or nay? Any more meat on that bone? Car supposedly has 6 miles on the odo, but I have to confirm.
That's lower then I saw in the denver area. Theres 2 brand new 2018 in NC when I was looking this week that I got them down to 25.5k on. Too long of a drive and I wanted the cooled seats. I ended up getting a certified used with 1500m for 30k+ttl. With the lease fees and colorado taxes on the lease cash it was cheaper then the lease. Good luck hunting.

stasek

Chicagoland
Since I live in IL, suburban C(r)ook county, I definitely need to dig deep and find out if there are any "oops, pay up big boy" moments waiting around the corner. And @ ~$570/month for 24 month lease, I'm pretty sure I would rather drive an M340i :).

namja

Seattle, WA
Since I live in IL, suburban C(r)ook county, I definitely need to dig deep and find out if there are any "oops, pay up big boy" moments waiting around the corner. And @ ~$570/month for 24 month lease, I'm pretty sure I would rather drive an M340i :).
Even the base 330i holds its own. You could possibly (but rarely) lease a 330i for under $400/month and M340i for under $500/month (if loaners).

I have the top trim, GT2 AWD, and I am currently leasing at $604/month after 10.3% tax. And that's with $0 DAS. So, I'm sure you could haggle more or verify there numbers...

stasek

Chicagoland
When it comes to "real lease", Stinger's numbers are not very competitive. The RV (50% for 24 months) AND high MF make deals nearly impossible (despite boatload of lease cash).

namja

Seattle, WA
When it comes to "real lease", Stinger's numbers are not very competitive. The RV (50% for 24 months) AND high MF make deals nearly impossible (despite boatload of lease cash).
Can you believe there are a good number of Stinger owners that actually do the real lease?

stasek

Chicagoland
Can you believe there are a good number of Stinger owners that actually do the real lease?
Oh, absolutely! One of the quotes I received was for 39 month term (assume non-KMF, didn't ask which bank). The total came out to $399 w/ $1000 @ signing - effectively $425/month - not terrible. Right at the "mystical" 1% rule :). Of course, the quote didn't specify how many miles allowed, but since I'll be putting 15-20k a year, I don't think it would work unless it was for 15K/year.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Oh, absolutely! One of the quotes I received was for 39 month term (assume non-KMF, didn't ask which bank). The total came out to $399 w/ $1000 @ signing - effectively $425/month - not terrible. Right at the "mystical" 1% rule :). Of course, the quote didn't specify how many miles allowed, but since I'll be putting 15-20k a year, I don't think it would work unless it was for 15K/year.
I upped my miles per year to the maximum allowed, 15K. And well before the first year I had passed that. :p So, doing the buyout (which I did at three months) was the only way to go.

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
I'm doing a "real" lease @ $550/month just because I don't want to take on a loan right now and wouldn't have been able to afford the car if I financed it. Definitely going to buy the car after the lease, though.

namja

Seattle, WA
Ah, fellow leasehackr. I made an inquiry post on there (but nobody responded :( ) with a pretty good deal.

I'm doing a "real" lease @ $550/month just because I don't want to take on a loan right now and wouldn't have been able to afford the car if I financed it. Definitely going to buy the car after the lease, though.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not putting people who do the real lease down. I am not buying out until probably next month or so to gather up the funds and necessities for getting a loan. Buyout method I see it as someone who waits for deals or clips coupons vs those who don't mind paying full or close to full price on say a grocery item or even a flight. Probably not the best analogy but you get it lol.

HerbieTheCar

Minnesnowta
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not putting people who do the real lease down. I am not buying out until probably next month or so to gather up the funds and necessities for getting a loan. Buyout method I see it as someone who waits for deals or clips coupons vs those who don't mind paying full or close to full price on say a grocery item or even a flight. Probably not the best analogy but you get it lol.
That's a pretty good analogy. I did look through Leasehackr but I just thought "meh, I got what I want for a monthly payment".

namja

Seattle, WA
That's a pretty good analogy. I did look through Leasehackr but I just thought "meh, I got what I want for a monthly payment".
Yeah, no I think considering it has terrible MF/residual, for that price, it's really good.

Let's hope for leasing Stinger owners that the actual value is lower than the quoted residual.