Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Need help with this lease

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Phil562, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Phil562

Phil562 United States Member

This lease is for 2018 GT2 RWD.

Attached Files:

2. Dmchristie1

Dmchristie1 United States Member

Just on the surface
    November “Rebate”should be $7700
    Not $4492... I am assuming that’s where the discount is accounted for....
    I did both, finance and lease with immediate buyout. Lease cash then buyout worked best.

2018 Deals

Cash:
    Owner Loyalty Bonus/Competitive Bonus
    Stinger GT, GT1, GT2 $3,000
    Stinger 2.0L, Premium $1,500

Finance:
    0.0% APR for 66 months

Lease:
    2.0 RWD $5,600
    2.0 AWD $6,300
    Premium RWD $7,200
    Premium AWD $7,600
    GT RWD $5,600
    GT AWD $5,900
    GT1 RWD $6,300
    GT1 AWD $6,600
    GT2 RWD $7,700
    GT2 AWD $8,000

Extra:
    $1,000 AWD Cash
    $400 Miltary
    $1000 Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief

3. Dmchristie1

Dmchristie1 United States Member

Oops
    just relooked and saw $7700 is already in there.
    Never mind last post

• Like Like x 1
  4. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Didn’t see the $7700 rebate listed but there was a $2k down payment. I would just go with first month and nothing out of pocket. If the final cost is that $38,754 number before you get your own financing to buy out the lease, that makes it a good deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

That is not a bad deal.

6. Brandon V

Brandon V United States Newish Member

I don't see the final cost of 38,754? What that the negotiated price? All I see is the net cap cost of 40,090. I am not use to looking at leases. I am about to negotiate a lease the buyout on a 2018 GT2 AWD and need some reference. Thanks

7. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

dealer adjustment was only $3,700? I wouldn't touch it unless they hit at least $5,000, at least around here.

8. Waynerm002

It's the hand written number on the bottom, figured they put it there as a final offer. Or maybe that was his offer.

9. Phil562

I dont have any idea of where to go with this situation. I want to be able to buy the car at a discount. I read some of threads that this a better route to go. I just got the salesman to put the lease on paper and let me go home and look it over. So i posted here to get your opinion. Is it a good deal to do this buyout? I plan to finance with 10-13k down. Can i do their incentive offer of 0% financing when buying out? What is the projective saving i will get going through this buyout? Thank you so much for your time and input.

10. Waynerm002

With the lease buyout, you are getting the dealer discount and KIA lease cash, you then get your own financing. It might be better for you to do the purchase route, that way you get the 0% financing. Try working with Jason @ KIA of Muncie to see what they can do for you.

11. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Just for ref, you wont get Kia to finance the buyout. I figured this but tried anyway and asked...they laughed. I financed my buyout with a credit union at 2.25% for 60 months. Plan to pay it off in 36 so really a nominal finance charge.

Def worth the extra few steps.

There is an entire thread detailing the contractual process and it contains many examples of how this works. Pleaes read up on that as well as how leases work so that you are completely informed on the process. Of particular note is to be informed on how the sales tax works for your state and when and how it is paid.

Cheers

12. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Agreed, lease buyout based on ADJUSTED LEASE BALANCE which is Adjust (Net) Cap Cost - any paid depreciation and amortization amounts. Not

Also, this is NOT a standard lease form so hard to know exactly where all these numbers are going. My guess is the $7700 IS accounted for but some of it is being used ot pay first payment plus tags, title, etc, etc. Without it being on the actual lease agreement, my opinion is this dont mean anything.

13. Phil562

Thanks guys. Unless i have the money to buy out financing for me would be 2.99 from credit union. Not sure if any saving minus the interest incured would be worth taking. I really like the 2019 GT1 ceramic silver with red interior..ODT is 47k. I can put 15k down with .9 from Kia monthly would be 500/month. Just have to convince myself to spend 47.8k on a Kia. Haha

14. Zumby

Zumby United States Newish Member

I don't see the lease cash back on the Kia website, can you/someone please provide a link! :)

15. Phil562

Go to Kia.com. choose build your vehicle . At the end of your build look to the top of screen to the right you will see offers. Make sure you choose 2018 models.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JenaStinger

JenaStinger United States New Member

help from a dealer perspective (with zero in it for me lol) if you'd like?

Draft saved Draft deleted