Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Need help with ambient lighting

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Leo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Leo

Leo Canada Newish Member

I got home tonight and I noticed my ambient lightning was not working ( bar on the glove box and bottom of doors) I went into the light setting in the cluster and ambient lightning was missing from the menu, brightness level and all that. I went through all the menu for 30 min and could not figure out how to display my blue ambient lightning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Walid El-Tawel

Walid El-Tawel Canada Member

It wouldn’t just go away. I’m sure there’s something simple you’re missing. If the car is in any gear but park a lot of my options are not available. That’s really odd though. I would try again tomorrow and if not go straight to dealer

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Active Member

Make sure you're looking in the right place - this car has a lot of menus ... :)

The Ambient Lighting options are on the 'User Settings -> Lights' page of the central cluster LCD, and there is an option to turn it off entirely. There should be four options on that menu for One Touch Turn Signal, Ambient Light Brightness, Ambient Light Color, and Head Light Delay. Details are on page 4-85 in the Canadian owner's manual.

When you have a chance, update your profile with which model you have and where you're located - that can be a big help ... :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

That lighting does not stay on while you're driving, only when getting in and out of the car, I think. Mine does the same thing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

The ambient lighting does stay on while driving.

@Leo like the others have already said make sure the car is in park. You can't access the menu when it's in drive.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  6. mldavis2

I may be wrong here, @Kamauxx, but I never noticed it being on at night. I'll check and offer an apology if I'm wrong. Maybe just the floor lighting goes out....hard to see the little glovelight strip while driving.

7. blueoval4life

blueoval4life United States Newish Member

Mine stays on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. iclicku

iclicku United States Stinger Enthusiast

Me too. One of the feature I enjoy at night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Leo

Leo Canada Newish Member

I only have 2 options now when I go under lights...

Attached Files:

10. Kamauxx

I'm pretty sure that's the screen it should be on.

Have you ever had the option there? Do you recall ever seeing the ambient lighting at night? Are there certain trims that don't have the lighting? Can you see if the light is installed on the dash?

Maybe it's something that was excluded on certain Canadian models?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  11. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Active Member

Might want to check in with user @Zotto to see how he made out - looks like he has/had the identical problem back in February, reported in this post ...

UK version ambient light.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Zotto

Zotto Canada Member

Leo, I had the same problem as you. Take your car in to the dealership and let them know that the problem is when assembled in the factory the wire harrnis for the lights wasn't plugged in properly. When that is corrected your drivers LCD will indicate the options for ambient.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Leo

Leo Canada Newish Member

I had it a few days ago, it was set on blue at level 4 and I had a nice blue bar on my dash. I had all the options also a few days ago because I had it on red before and I switched it to blue. Maybe there is a wire disconnected somewhere?

14. Berzerker

Berzerker United States Active Member

Definitely wrong. It goes/stays on with the dim status of interior lighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mldavis2

I have my brightness turned down so maybe that's why I don't see it.

16. Zotto

Zotto Canada Member

Leo,

I would yes that it is an wiring issue and/or connector issue. Take it in, you shouldn't have any problems with the dealership.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kamauxx

Sounds like you had something come loose. I wonder where the wire is since this is something that could happen to the rest of us.

@Zotto any idea where the connection is located?

18. delirium

delirium France Member

Hey folks. I would like to add ambient lighting to the car. Aftermarket looks pretty much ugly so I would like to stick with original one. Can someone help me with part numbers or give me a like to the system similar to PSA's service box where you can enter VIN code and get available options with proper SKU's.

Draft saved Draft deleted