Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Need help, lease buyout?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by rich, Aug 12, 2018.

1. rich

rich United States New Member

There's a stinger GT in my area going for 39000, instant price quote puts me at 36.5, and hopefully I could negotiate it down to 35.5k They also have the lease cash offer for 5500k. I read the sticky but don't understand how a lease buyout works it as this is my first time buying a car. How would I go about this? Is it possible to walk away with the GT for 30k before taxes ttl or do I need to pay the lease each month till maturity.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. Indy499

Indy499 United States Member

First off, make sure your price quote is before incentives - you're likely being quoted the price after the $2k finance incentive. But yes, as long as you aren't in Florida, you can lease the car, then pay it off online once they put you in the KMF system and save a bunch. You won't save the full $5.5K, since you have to pay the lease acquisition fee and buyout fee (I think), but it's still the cheapest way to buy a Stinger.

3. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Member

Is the acquisition fee based on a fixed percentage or amount?

4. Indy499

Indy499 United States Member

It's $650, unless your dealer tries to mark it up

5. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Member

Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted