Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Need help in purchasing 2019 GT1

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Phil562, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Phil562

Phil562 United States Member

How much should i ask OTD price for 2019 GT1?

2. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

too many variables such as tax rates and what incentives you qualify for. The only thing you can compare between car purchases is the dealer discount. If you can get them to come down more than 7% on a 19 I would think you're doing pretty good.

3. Phil562

They offered me 45k ODT for 2019 GT1. Now i am thinking can i get 2018 GT2 for 45K?

4. QuantumPion

QuantumPion United States Member

I paid about $43k OTD for my 2019 GT1 AWD, that is with 4% state sales tax, although they also gave me significantly over kbb for my trade-in.

5. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

Dealer discounts: heh! They will tell you, "We are selling this for three thousand under MSRP". Then they will add back in all kinds of little (and not so little) "fees, that dealers incur", etc. Either don't worry about it, or watch them like a hawk, your call.

6. Doel

again, too many variables. If you're trying to compare prices paid by other people, you need to concentrate on dealer discount only, that is the only number you can get the dealer to manipulate. Ignore what people are paying OTD.

7. Phil562

I got the 45k offer because of 2k incentive financing. If i choose to take Kis 0.9 % for 66 months then the car price is 47k. Will you guys pay 47k ODT for 2019 ceramic silver with red interior?? Its a rare color but almost hitting the mark for 2018 GT2. I want to be the one owning that rare color combo but is it worth spending 47k plus 700 incur interest of 0.9 financing.

8. Doel

are you not reading anything I'm saying to you? For the last time, YOU CAN'T COMPARE OTD PRICES, THE ONLY NUMBER YOU CAN COMPARE IS THE DEALER DISCOUNT! What's the point in asking for advice if you aren't going to read the responses?

9. QuantumPion

Uh you can absolutely compare OTD prices, as long as you take into account sales tax difference (and possibly interest rate depending on your credit). Of course every dealer is different and will offer different deals based on current local market conditions, whether the dealer needs to make sales goals, etc, so there's no guarantee that you can get the same deal. But that applies to dealer discount as well.

Now comparing lease OTD to finance OTD price is more complicated...

OP, what state are you in and are you trying to get a RWD or AWD?

10. Doel

you're right, you can compare OTD price if you take into account tax/title fees, qualifying rebates, credit score, and financial situation. Once you take all those into account, you can do some math and compare it to someone else's OTD price and see if it's a good deal, but you know what you're trying to figure out by doing all that work? If the dealer discount he's getting is better or worse than the dealer discount someone else is getting because that is the ONLY thing we can negotiate with the dealership.

So sure, you can absolutely compare OTD prices, or just compare the dealer discount and save everyone a bunch of trouble.

11. Phil562

Sorry guys i am new to buying. I live in CA with 10 % tax. Registration and other fees i am not familiar. The car is in the 46k. Its discounted 4k i assume if i include registration and other form of fees. With CA tax it will equal to 47k. Whatever the equation is i just want to know if you guys are willing to spend 47k for 2019 GT1 with rare ceramic silver with red interior. Thanks.

12. Doel

get a break down of the price from the dealer and post it here, can't help you otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Phil562

Here is the breakdown

Attached Files:

14. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Your taxes suck!!

15. QuantumPion

There's no reason to put 15,000 down on 0.9% interest. That is just silly.

I'm a little confused as to what the "Trade Difference" of $41,905 is. Is that the total sale price of the car after trade-in? I.e. your net trade-in is $4941? Because after the $15,000 down the total financed should be $26,905. But the amount financed is $31,846, which is just the sale price of $46,846 - $15,000 down.

Car OTD price: $46,846
    Trade in: -$4941?
    Down Pay: -$15,000
    ---------------------
    Total Financed: $26,905?

As for the $41,905 selling price for a 2019 Gt1 RWD, that is ok but not amazing. If you dilly dally they may come back with a better price, but that depends on the dealer and market conditions. It's not a terrible deal, just average.

16. Phil562

Its a ceramic silver with red interior so they wont go down any lower. The agreed price OTD is 46,846. I finance at .9 with 15k is to lower my monthly payments with lesser interest charge over 66 months.

17. Phil562

Its CA tax.

18. QuantumPion

Oh so you aren't trading in anything? What is that $41,905 "Trade Difference" line referring to then?

Just to run the numbers, at 0.9% interest for 66 months, with $15,000 down you are paying $806 total interest, or $12 per month. If you put 0 down, you would pay $1186 in interest, or $18 per month.

There are many banks which offer savings rates over 2%, so you would be better off just putting the down payment in a savings account, earning more savings then you would pay in interest, and have the amount available as a nest egg in case of emergency. If you saved $15,000 for 66 months at 2% interest and drew down the difference in monthly payment (car payment would be $727, so withdraw $233/month from savings), you would earn about $500 over 66 months. That's just me though, I like the financial security of having the money available. But some people don't like the temptation and would rather use it for a down payment, that's fine too.

19. Phil562

Thanks for the advice. You have a thinking of a millionaire. My CU will give 2.9 over 60 months. I calculated o down with 2.9 financing 46.8k interest will be over 3.5k and my monthly payment will be 840. I would go with the first option. I will cut back some of the spending i used to have and work some overtime at my job. This will help me to put money into saving. Or i can not buy the car and have more money in the bank. I am still undecided about buying the 40k plus car.

Draft saved Draft deleted