kia stinger store

Nav Map updates. In Australia

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Noted that the UPDATE button on the GT is greyed out (MY21). So no updates for you!
Also that the (Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA ) is NOT enabled, ref page 121 in the Manual.
Becoming very dis-illusioned about this expensive car!
Are you having issues other than the map update and speed limit assist?

Cruiser17

Newish Member
Yes. Twice now the dash appears go dead, just like a total electrical failure. The car slows down and I noted a yellow LED above the instrument cluster on on briefly. (ECS). This has happened both times when going uphill and accelerating up to speed limit. Oh, it has been back to service department already, with no results.

Luc343

Rhodes, Sydney NSW
Actually, there is no SD card on the MY21!
Only USB
Looks like you are correct. Maybe you use a USB drive instead of an SD card. Either way, the instructions say to plug the USB drive in first before going to the update button.

Last edited:

Cruiser17

Newish Member
Noted that the software is now totally different (talking about the new large wide screen display).
Software and firmware starts with CK_PE.AUS.xx (I think the PE stands for Product Enhancement).

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Just a question about the latest update. I managed to put it on my hard drive but are having problems putting it on the SD card. The nav update site says you need 32gb but the Kia SD card is only 16gb. Is this correct. Any help appreciated.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Just a question about the latest update. I managed to put it on my hard drive but are having problems putting it on the SD card. The nav update site says you need 32gb but the Kia SD card is only 16gb. Is this correct. Any help appreciated.
I've had no issues with any updates using the original 16gb card.
20210413_155414.jpg

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
It's obviously operator error then. How do I get it from my laptop hard drive onto the SD card then. When I try and click and drag it into it, it comes up with an error saying the card is write protected.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
I would have thought drag or copy/paste. Can't remember the exact steps when I did mine. Have you done an been update before? Has Dealer done an update? You could format the card but that would wipe all existing data. Perhaps invest in a new card.

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I would have thought drag or copy/paste. Can't remember the exact steps when I did mine. Have you done an been update before? Has Dealer done an update? You could format the card but that would wipe all existing data. Perhaps invest in a new card.
I did my first update but that was on the old system. Things have changed this time around. I am worried about formatting the card due to data loss. Will probably try a new card. Thanks for the info.

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I managed to get it onto another card after lots of fiddling with that sliding lock on the SD card, put it in the car and the car would not recognize that there was a card in the slot. Go figure. It shouldn't be this hard. The earlier system of updating was much easier. I would let the dealer take care of it but I don't get them to service my car. Looks like I will continue on with the old version.

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Yayyy....I finally managed to update it on about try number 5. Not looking forward to the next update. Ended up using the OEM card as the car didn't recognize the new one. When it came up saying it was being formatted and you would lose all the data, I almost had a heart attack. But it ended up all ok. Can't wait to try the 'sounds of nature'...LOL. Thanks again Shannon.