kia stinger store

Nav Map updates. In Australia

Cruiser17

Newish Member
New owner MY21 Stinger. Is the GPS as useless as I find? Cannot find simple Qld addresses with main street in places that have existed for decades. My 12 yo Garmin can.

Also, is the Intelligent Speed Limit Asistant (ISLA) not available on this car?

Pearl white, red TT V6 GT.

Cruiser17

Newish Member
New owner MY21 Stinger. Is the GPS as useless as I find? Cannot find simple Qld addresses with main street in places that have existed for decades. My 12 yo Garmin can.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW

Its useless, yes trying to find addresses that have existed for years is painful, the system always seems to tell me that the address doesn’t exist, yet Google Maps & Waze find it instantly.
This the one & only feature in this car that I dislike, my wife’s 2017 Cerato has a better Satnav at a 3rd of the price & both are Kia products.

Cruiser17

Newish Member
Its useless, yes trying to find addresses that have existed for years is painful, the system always seems to tell me that the address doesn’t exist, yet Google Maps & Waze find it instantly.
This the one & only feature in this car that I dislike, my wife’s 2017 Cerato has a better Satnav at a 3rd of the price & both are Kia products.
Thank you for that. It seems this hascto be taken up to a higher level.

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
Is there a battery issue on this car also? I note that the battery reads as low as 12.2V after a couple of nights in garage. This is way too low.
Had my Stinger for 2 years and it sometimes goes for a week between drives as it’s not my daily driver. No battery problems here. By the way, why are you checking the battery charge anyway. Are you having issues??

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
I couldn’t get the last update to work anyway. Even when new, I was always using Waze for my navigation in my Stinger. With apple carplay, it just makes these stand alone nav systems superfluous. Makes me cringe every time the system tells me about a speed camera that hasn’t been there for years. Useless.

GregS

These maps are supplied by local mapping companies, both Hyundai and KIA have had ridiculously out of date maps because of this.

Cruiser17

Newish Member
Had my Stinger for 2 years and it sometimes goes for a week between drives as it’s not my daily driver. No battery problems here. By the way, why are you checking the battery charge anyway. Are you having issues??
Yes! I note multiple warnings to ensure engine is running if I use radio or such in accessory mode. Also dash cam (that consumes 0.3A, shuts down when voltage is below 12.5. Eg: if door is opened 1 hour after last run. It should run for 24 hours without issues. A fully charged battery should be closer to 13v than 12v. Dash cam in old car could run.for many days without Batt dropping below12.5. Car is 1 month old and has had a few long runs. Dealer totally uninterested in this, the lack of updated GPS.

Cruiser17

Newish Member
Noted that the UPDATE button on the GT is greyed out (MY21). So no updates for you!
Also that the (Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA ) is NOT enabled, ref page 121 in the Manual.
Becoming very dis-illusioned about this expensive car!

GregS

Why are you looking for a QLD address when your member info says you are in Korea?

GregS

If maps are your only issue, well it’s not really a “car” issue.
I reckon, if it's a new MY21 that he picked up in March, and he is so unhappy about it, there would be a great line of folks that would take it off his hands rather than wait 4-6 months.

Chuck in a NavMan as a deal sweetener.

GregS

Yes! I note multiple warnings to ensure engine is running if I use radio or such in accessory mode. Also dash cam (that consumes 0.3A, shuts down when voltage is below 12.5. Eg: if door is opened 1 hour after last run. It should run for 24 hours without issues. A fully charged battery should be closer to 13v than 12v. Dash cam in old car could run.for many days without Batt dropping below12.5. Car is 1 month old and has had a few long runs. Dealer totally uninterested in this, the lack of updated GPS.

If your Navman is shutting down at 90% battery charge, go see the Navman people before blaming the battery.

1617012735184.png