kia stinger store

Nav Map updates. In Australia

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Does anyone know how to update maps?
G’day @Oneredball, welcome to the forum.
I know some update the sat nav themselves I get my dealer to do it.
I am not aware of any available updates in OZ as yet & this is the current version as I know it for you to compare against yours.
AF37D54E-6770-4D6B-9C87-65F626CF0981.jpeg

Bigbikes

Melbourne Victoria
Does anyone know how to update maps?
Just go to the kia map site put in details of your car and then download them onto your computers desktop.
take SD card outta car and hopefully you have an SD card slot or SD card reader, put the one removed from the car into comp and transfer the files to it...oh from memory make sure card is installed before you download onto comp as i think you choose the card as the destination.
From memory the kia site walks you through it easily though don't stress, depending on your internet speed the download time will vary..once installed on your oem card just put it back in the head unit and it does the rest for you...you will also be asked while downloading it if you want to keep old files for back up ok...hope this helps abit ,,,cheers

Oneredball

G’day @Oneredball, welcome to the forum.
I know some update the sat nav themselves I get my dealer to do it.
I am not aware of any available updates in OZ as yet & this is the current version as I know it for you to compare against yours.
View attachment 46516

I found the SD Card bihind a panel above the hazard light I think. Smart update program can be downloaded from MNSOFT Mapcare Services which will over write the card then plug into Stinger and apdate runs automatically!

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
I found the SD Card bihind a panel above the hazard light I think. Smart update program can be downloaded from MNSOFT Mapcare Services which will over write the card then plug into Stinger and apdate runs automatically!
Correct the SD card is behind the panel above the hazard light button.
Most people do their own updates, whereas I’m happy to let the dealer do it, if they have issues they can fix it, just my preference.
I hope it all goes well for you.

Iantoday

Australia
Using the online update service, it says last update is 15/5/19. I contacted Kia Australia as there should be free annual updates for 10 years.
They replied below, but not very helpful. Have now contacted my local dealer and await reply.

From: Customer Service Team <Customer_Service@kia.com.au>
Sent: Monday, 22 June 2020 8:45 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Contact Us

Thanks for the email.
The map updates are released every 12-18 months by Motrex.
Unfortunately we don’t have set dates of when they come out as dealerships are notified directly.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Using the online update service, it says last update is 15/5/19. I contacted Kia Australia as there should be free annual updates for 10 years.
They replied below, but not very helpful. Have now contacted my local dealer and await reply.

Sent: Monday, 22 June 2020 8:45 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Contact Us

Thanks for the email.
The map updates are released every 12-18 months by Motrex.
Unfortunately we don’t have set dates of when they come out as dealerships are notified directly.
Thanks for the heads up, based on Kia AU advice a new update should be due between now & November.

G

G-989355

Be careful I just went through the whole process & put the SD card back in my car & now I have no maps at all. If you are going to try it please backup your SD card first

Iantoday

Australia
yes care, make sure use "safely remove...." option on PC, before ejecting the media from PC. These old SD Cards take a while for files to be completely written. I use 2 SD Cards, one as a backup (found the right size backup card in an old unused digital camera).
And just checked online, still no update since 15/5/19, but Kia Service say should be available Oct/Nov 2020

Iantoday

Australia
Received update from Kia today
Sent: Friday, 20 November 2020 10:53 AM
Subject: Annual Map updates not working - Last was 18 months ago on 15 May 2019
The Annual 2020 Map Update (V13) is currently scheduled to release in late November of 2020. With no delays this should be the when it’s released.

DCBStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
Melbourne
Received update from Kia today
Sent: Friday, 20 November 2020 10:53 AM
Subject: Annual Map updates not working - Last was 18 months ago on 15 May 2019
The Annual 2020 Map Update (V13) is currently scheduled to release in late November of 2020. With no delays this should be the when it’s released.
Correct @Iantoday , I called early this week, and Kia Customer Service Team told me the same, Version 13.0

Bigbikes

Melbourne Victoria
About Friggen time...:mad:

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
I’m booked in with my dealer to have the update done this Tuesday 24th.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Great. I checked online this morning, and version 13 not available yet
Well let’s hope the dealer has the update before it’s online, otherwise I’m going to tear them a new one for wasting my time.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Great. I checked online this morning, and version 13 not available yet
After a lot of conflicting information re: map updates I just rang my dealer to confirm if my booking for map update will actually happen tomorrow as I would not be a happy camper taking half a day off work & sitting there for a couple of hours only to be told no update is available.
They actually went down & spoke to the Tech guys & now I have been told to book it in January 2021, what a joke, last update was June 2019, this is by far the worst feature in this car by a country mile, yes sure they offer free map updates but I’ve owned the car 3 years & I’ve had 2 updates & this system still cannot find an actual address.

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
After being stuffed around & 24 hours later the update has been done.

6CEFD574-D26A-43D7-8DEA-9809CCC627E9.jpeg

Bigbikes

Melbourne Victoria
Hi all just downloaded the latest update, alot has changed especially in the settings of the nav.
You can now choose map colours and arrow colours, show actual car speed and alot more road alerts....new buttons also.
Install time was alot longer this time around. Cheers :):thumbup: