• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Naming Your Cars

DonM

Hey All - wondering who else names their cars? I name all of mine except I never named my first. Odd, huh? Examples since then:

1990 Taurus SHO = RoadSho
1949 Ford Business Coupe street rod = Sweat (play on Sweatin' to the Oldies)
2011 Toyota Corolla = Marge (bought from an aunt named Margaret and let's face it, it's an awfully sedate little sedan)
2022 Stinger = Dorian Gray (car is ceramic silver but really because it'll keep me young)
1982 Fairmont = Great White (car is white but really because it came from Michigan's UP; the Great White North - and it'll eat up some pavement!)

How about others? Would love to hear some names and why...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
There are other threads (including one of mine) on this topic. :D
'71 Super Beetle: "The Bug" (very unoriginal, I know)
'96 Ford 15 passenger Club Wagon: "The Enterprise", and "The Great White", and "Bruce" (original owner, me and my daughter's naming)
'90 Dodge Shadow: CLRC (my wife's name, "Clark", the acronym stands for "cute little red car")
'94 Plymouth Voyager: CLIV (following my wife's lead with the Shadow, stands for "cute little indigo van", "Clive")
'18 Stinger: "NAV" (ever since "She" led me off the freeway and down through central Oregon to Hwy 78 & 95, where I had fun all alone, taking her up to 155 MPH)

Only car I ever named was my Scion xB. Betty - as in Black Betty from Ram Jam.

Still not sure what to name this one. I was kinda thinking Kiara but it's just too derivative. Was also thinking Alexandra...or Lexy for short, but not sure about that one either.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Floridaman

St. Pete
89' Ford Tempo = "Piece of crap" Blew the engine pushing it to 100mph
96' Eagle Vision = "Boat" Took it off roading where many trucks couldn't go
01' Cadillac STS = "Nosferatu" People on the highway seemed to always get out of my way
02' Lincoln Conti = "Bob" The air suspension was... iffy
12' Kia Optima = "Chirp" Spun the front tires a lot
18' Stinger = "Slick" I slide the ass end out way too much but it's fun

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
89' Ford Tempo = "Piece of crap" Blew the engine pushing it to 100mph
96' Eagle Vision = "Boat" Took it off roading where many trucks couldn't go
01' Cadillac STS = "Nosferatu" People on the highway seemed to always get out of my way
02' Lincoln Conti = "Bob" The air suspension was... iffy
12' Kia Optima = "Chirp" Spun the front tires a lot
18' Stinger = "Slick" I slide the ass end out way too much but it's fun
what would you call an R8 if you had one?

DonM

I forgot about my '99 E350 Quigley 4x4 Van: BDV for BigDamnVan; license plate was BGDMNVN. Not sure why they approved the plate given the obvious "damn" in it but it slipped by. I had an '88 Lincoln Town Car and it was BGDMNTC and that got by too but we called the car Abe for obvious reasons.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

eljay

1000 Posts Club!
SoCal
'73 red Mustang: Helen Blazes
'86 Camaro Z28: Helena Handbasket

Left behind the ponies for sedans:

'97 Grand Prix GT: Ewenice Lamb
'18 Stinger: Lambie D. Meisterstinger

Yeti

Always name my cars. Always a woman name because some days they really piss you off and some days you can’t be with out them. Gts is Leah, because Leo is the masculine version. Truck is bitch as she always irritates me(2014 f 150), ford edge is Betty or beeper Betty as she is always beeping warnings for some unknown reason. Sold my hot rod after buying stinger. She was Babe. Yes she was a babe

Devin

Sustaining Member
Seattle-ish
Naming your cars... how silly!

DonM

Hey Devin, my '90 SHO was a Lt Titanium too. Gorgeous color. It was my first new car purchase. I loved that car but Michigan winters ate it up. I tried so hard to keep it rust free and clean but it rusted out in all of the typical Taurus spots of the time. Loved having the stick.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!